LG is one of the popular Smart TVs used across the world to stream media over the internet. Running on WebOS, it has an inbuilt store to download all kinds of apps that you can access on smartphones. Frequently, you need to update the apps installed on LG Smart TV to watch the latest media content. Like other Smart TV, the apps can be updated either automatically or manually.
How to Update Apps on LG Smart TV [Manually]
(1) Turn on your LG Smart TV and click the Home button on your TV remote.
(2) Select and open the LG Content Store.
(3) Navigate to the My Apps section on the left side menu pane. You can also tap the Update All option to update all the apps instantly.
(4) Select the app which requires updating.
(5) Select UPDATE.
(6) Confirm your selection. That’s it. The application will be updated on your LG Smart TV.
Update Apps on LG Smart TV Automatically
By turning on the automatic feature, your apps will be updated automatically whenever the TV is connected to an internet connection.
(1) Go to Settings on your LG Smart TV and select All Settings.
(2) Navigate and select General Settings.
(3) Click About This TV.
(4) Turn on Automatic Updates.
Apart from updating the apps, ensure to update the LG TV firmware to get the latest security updates and apps.
- How to change the Input source on LG Smart TV
- How to use AirPlay on LG Smart TV
- Best picture settings for LG Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
To force close a running app on LG Smart TV
>Long press the Home button on your LG TV remote.
>It will list the recently opened apps on your TV.
>Hover over the app you want and click on the X mark.
>Press the home button on your remote and open the TV settings.
>Tap the three dots icon and then choose Safety on the left side menu pane.
>Turn on the Safety mode and navigate to the Application Locks.
>Select it and enter the PIN (the initial password is 0000).
>Select the app you want and then lock it.
>Press the home button on your remote.
>From the app’s dashboard, navigate to the app you want to move.
>Press and hold the OK button to bring the edit mode.
>Move the app to the desired position and save the changes.