Zwift is one of the innovative fitness apps. It combines your fitness goals with the games. It is a virtual training application. To use the Zwift app, you’ll need a Zwift bike or a Bluetooth-enabled Treadmill. The app has over 1000+ structured workouts built by world-class coaches. You can pick a theme for your ride or run, and it will be displayed on the device. It is like playing a racing game. What if you can Chromecast the Zwift app and play your ride on the TV.
As of now, the Zwift app has no Chromecast support. You have to screen mirror the app to the Chromecast-connected TV from an Andriod or iOS app.
Zwift costs $14.99 per month and has a free trial for 30 days.
Ways to Chromecast Zwift app
- From Android smartphones
- From iOS devices
- From PCs
Note: Connect the Casting device and the Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
How to Chromecast Zwift from Android Smartphones
(1) Click on the Cast icon from the Notification Panel or the Settings menu. The name or icon may vary with the brand and version of Android.
(2) Your smartphone will search for a nearby Chromecast device. When it is detected, click on it.
(3) Click OK or Start Now to make the casting.
(4) When the casting is successful, open the Zwift app and start your run or ride. It will be displayed on your TV through Chromecast.
(5) When you finish your workout, click the Cast icon and select Disconnect or Stop Casting to finish the mirroring.
How to Chromecast Zwift from iOS Smartphones
You can’t mirror your iOS device’s screen to Chromecast connected TVs through Screen Mirroring feature. The feature is only applicable to Apple devices. You have to install the Streamer for the Chromecast app to mirror the iPhone or iPad.
(1) Run the Streamer for Chromecast app on your iOS device (iPhone or iPad).
(2) The app will automatically search for the Chromecast device. Select your Chromecast device.
(3) Now, click the Screen Cast option (Mirror screen to TV).
(4) Click on the Mirroring icon. If you want to change the mirroring settings, modify them.
(5) Select the Start Broadcast button to start the mirroring. At this point, you will see your iOS screen on your TV.
(6) Now, open the Zwift app and start your workout. It will appear on your TV.
(7) When you finish your workout, open the Streamer for Chromecast app and click on the Stop Broadcast button.
Unfortunately, the Streamer for Chromecast app has been removed from the App Store. As an alternative, you can use the Replica app to screen mirror your iPhone to Chromecast.
(1) Open the Replica app on your iPhone.
(2) IN the Search for devices screen, choose your Chromecast device.
(3) Tap the Mirroring button to start the screen mirroring.
(4) Now, open the Zwift app and play any workout video.
(5) It will appear on the Chromecast.
How to Chromecast Zwift from PCs
(1) Install the Zwift app on your PC.
(2) Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC and right-click anywhere on the screen, choosing the Cast option.
(3) Your Chromecast device will appear on the Extension bar. Click the Sources option and select Cast desktop.
(4) Now, open the Zwift app and begin your ride or run. It will appear on your TV.
(5) When you finish your workout, open the Google Chrome browser and click Stop casting to disconnect from the Chromecast device.
These are the different ways to Chromecast Zwift to your TV. When you watch your virtual workout video on the TV, it will motivate you to work more. If you don’t know how to set up the Zwift app or if you have any other doubts, tell us in the comments section.
No, the Zwift is not compatible with Chromecast support. You have to screen mirror the workout videos.
Check our detailed guide on how to download and install the Zwift app on Google TV.