- Install Discovery+: Home button on the remote → LG Content Store → Apps → Search for Discovery Plus → Click on Install.
- Activate Discovery+: Launch the app → Visit the activation site → Enter the code → Log in to your account.
Discovery Plus is a premium streaming service to watch movies, shows, and originals by paying $4.99/month (with ads) or $6.99/month (without ads). Initially, the service has not supported the webOS platforms. Later, the Discovery Plus app was released for the LG Smart TV models released after 2018 & later. That is, Smart TVs running on webOS 4.0, 4.5, & later. On earlier models, you can use the connect and use external streaming devices.
How to Install Discovery Plus on LG Smart TV
#1. Turn on your LG TV and press the Home button on your remote.
#2. On the home screen, go to the LG Content Store and launch it.
#3. Select the Apps category on the menu bar.
#4. Head to the Search bar and search for the Discovery+ app.
#5. Select the app and tap on the Install button.
How to Activate Discovery Plus on LG Smart TV
While launching the Discovery+ app for the first time, it will display a code that you have to link with the Discovery+ account to stream the content.
#1. Launch the app and note down the activation code.
#2. Now, visit the activation link (discoveryplus.com/lge) on your smartphone or PC browser.
#3. Enter the code and log in to your account if you’re signed out.
#4. After signing in, the Discovery+ app will load the media content on your TV.
How to Watch Discovery Plus on LG Smart TV [Older Models]
If your older LG Smart TV comes with an HDMI port, you can access Discovery+ content by connecting external devices. It includes
#1. First, purchase a streaming device that supports installing the Discovery+ app.
#2. Connect it to the HDMI port of your TV.
#3. Turn on your TV and the streaming device. Choose the proper input source on your LG TV and connect it to a WiFi network.
#4. Install the Discovery+ app from the respective app store.
#5. Launch the app and follow the same activation process to access your favorite content.
Note – If your LG TV is compatible with Airplay, you can play the Discovery+ content on your TV from the iPhone or iPad.
Troubleshooting Discovery Plus Not Working on LG TV
- Close the Discovery+ app and restart your LG Smart TV. After a few minutes, turn on the TV and launch the app to stream the contents.
- Update the Discovery+ app on your LG TV.
- Uninstall the Discovery+ app on your LG TV and re-install it from the store. While uninstalling the app, all the issues associated with the app will be removed automatically.
- If the issue is not fixed, reset the LG TV and install the app again.
Frequently Asked Questions
As we said earlier, the application is only available for Smart TVs released after 2018. So if you have an older Smart TV, purchase the new one to get this app.
No. Discovery+ doesn’t have parental controls.