HBO Max is one of the top streaming services that bundles-up a huge content library. You can easily bring all your favorite HBO contents to one place with this service. It allows you to stream TV shows, series, hits movies, Max originals, and much more. Available at $14.99 per month, HBO Max is accessible on various platforms. The following section will explain the procedure to stream HBO Max on Sony Smart TV.
Running on Android OS, Sony smart TV officially supports HBO Max. It means you can download and install the app from the Google Play Store on your TV.
How to Watch HBO Max on Sony Smart TV
There are two different ways to install and use HBO Max on Sony Smart TV. To access this app, update your Sony TV firmware to the latest version.
Method 1: Install & Activate HBO Max App
1. Go to the Play Store on your Sony smart TV.
2. Search for HBO Max. Select the app from the search results and click the Install option.
3. After installation, launch the HBO Max app and tap the Subscribe Now option.
If you can’t find the Subscribe Now option, play a movie or TV show.
4. A screen will pop-up with the activation code.
5. Now, visit the HBO Max activation site on your mobile/PC browser.
6. Enter the activation code and click Next.
7. Choose Sign-in and enter your login credentials to activate the app. If you’re a new user, click the Signup option and enter the required details to complete the activation.
8. Upon activating the app, the HBO Max app on Sony TV will refresh automatically to display the contents.
Method 2: Subscribe and Install HBO Max App
1. Open the Play Store and search for the HBO Max app.
2. Pick the app from the suggestions list.
3. Click-on the Subscribe & Install option.
4. Choose Agree & Continue option to link your Google account with the HBO Max account.
5. Now, select your payment method and hit the Subscribe button.
6. Create a password to your Google-linked HBO Max account.
7. Now, tap-on the Continue to HBO Max option.
8. Play a video and start streaming on Sony Smart TV.
Alternative Way – Cast HBO Max to Sony TV
If your Sony Smart TV was powered with built-in Chromecast support, you could cast HBO Max from your smartphones.
- Connect your smartphone (Android or iPhone) and TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the HBO Max app.
- Hit the cast icon.
- Select your Sony Smart TV.
- Play a title that you want, and it will play on your TV screen.
HBO Max is a geo-restricted service and cannot be accessed outside the US. Non-US residents can try a VPN service to watch HBO Max content. Hope our guide will give you a clear idea to watch HBO Max via Sony TV. If you had any difficulty during the installation process, you could drop that query in the comments section. Follow our Facebook and Twitter pages for further updates about Sony TV and HBO Max.