- HBO Max on Sony Smart: Go to Play Store → Search HBO Max → Install → Launch → Activate → Stream.
- You can also mirror the content from your smartphone to Smart TV using AirPlay or Chromecast.
HBO Max is one of the most affordable streaming platforms for watching blockbuster movies, series, originals, cartoons, and more. If you have purchased a new Sony Smart TV, you can get HBO Max by installing it directly from the Play Store. Moreover, you can use Chromecast or AirPlay to stream HBO Max on your smart TV if the app is not working fine. To stream the content, you must subscribe to the premium plans.
HBO Max Subscription Plans
|With Ads||$9.99/mon (or) $99.99/yr|
|Ad-Free||$14.99/mon (or) $149.99/yr|
How to Download HBO Max on Sony Smart TV
Before installing HBO Max, it is recommended to update your Sony Smart TV firmware to the latest version.
1. Go to the Play Store on your Sony Smart TV.
2. Search for HBO Max. Select the app from the search results and select Install.
3. Once installed, launch the HBO Max app on your TV.
4. A screen will pop up with the activation code.
6. Enter the activation code and click Next.
7. Choose Sign-in and enter your login credentials to activate the app. If you’re a new user, click Sign Up and enter the required details to complete the activation.
8. Upon activating the app, the HBO Max app on your smart TV will refresh automatically and display the content.
How to Cast HBO Max to Sony Smart TV
If your Sony Smart TV is powered with built-in Chromecast, you can cast HBO Max from your smartphone. Also, note that you can’t cast the HBO Max on some Sony Bravia TV models.
 Connect your smartphone (Android or iPhone) and TV to the same WiFi network.
 Start playing the content and hit the Cast icon.
 Select your Sony Smart TV from the list of devices.
 Once paired, the content will stream on your smart TV.
How to AirPlay HBO Max to Sony Smart TV
If your Sony Smart TV supports the AirPlay feature, you can mirror the content from your iPhone or iPad. You can also check whether your Sony Smart TV models support the AirPlay feature on the official website.
 First, connect your Sony Smart TV to the WiFi and enable AirPlay.
 Launch the HBO Max app on your iPhone/iPad.
Note: Connect your iPhone/iPad to the WiFi network to which your Sony Smart TV is connected.
 Start playing the content and tap the AirPlay icon.
 From the list of devices, choose your Sony Smart TV.
 Enter the AirPlay code on your iPhone.
 Once paired, you can see the content streaming on the TV.
How to Get HBO Max on Sony Smart TV
If you are using the older versions of Sony Smart TV (Before 2015) that don’t support installing apps, you can connect your smart TV to the streaming devices and stream the content.
|Streaming Devices||Purchase Link||Installation Guide|
|Firestick||HBO Max on Firestick|
|Apple TV||HBO Max on Apple TV|
|Roku||HBO Max on Roku|
Frequently Asked Questions
If the HBO Max application is not working fine on your smart TV, first check whether the smart TV is connected to the WiFi. Also, check if the app is compatible with your smart TV.