Apple Music is the best music app for all iOS users. It is a pre-installed app, you can control the app with Siri too. It allows you to play both offline music and online music. To stream music online, you need to buy the subscriptions. At some point in time, you have to cancel the Apple Music subscription. You may not like the app, it doesn’t have music you like, or your trial period gets over.
Apple Music subscriptions are auto-renewal services. So, you need to cancel the subscriptions manually otherwise it will be renewed for the next billing cycle.
How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription?
Apple Music platform can be used in many smart devices. The best thing about Apple devices is that you use your Apple ID any of the smart devices. So, if you have any subscription on your Apple ID, you can use that on any supported devices. You can also cancel the subscription on any supported devices.
- Cancel from iOS devices
- Cancel from Mac PCs
- Using Apple TV
- Cancel from Apple Watch
- Using Android smartphones
- Cancel from Windows PCs
How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription from iOS devices
If you using any iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, you can use this method to cancel the subscription.
(1) Open the Settings app and click on your Apple ID.
(2) Click on the Subscriptions or iTunes & App Store.
(3) Now, tap your Apple ID at the top and click on View Apple ID.
(4) The Account Settings screen will appear. Click on the Subscriptions option.
(5) All your active subscriptions will appear. Tap on the Apple Music Membership.
(6) On the Edit Subscription page, click on the Cancel Subscription button and tap Confirm on the Confirm Cancellation pop-up.
You can do the same by using the Apple Music app too.
(1) Open the Apple Music app and click the Profile icon on the top.
(2) The Account page will appear. Click on the Manage Subscription option.
(3) It will redirect you to the Apple Music Membership page. Click Cancel Subscription and tap Confirm to cancel the subscription.
How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription from Mac?
You can use your Mac to cancel your Apple Music subscriptions. Make sure that your iOS device and Mac are using the same Apple ID. If not, the changes you made in Mac won’t affect other Apple devices.
(1) Open the App Store application on your Mac.
(2) Click the Profile button on the bottom to open your Apple Profile.
(3) Now, tap on the View Information at the top. If it asks for verification, enter your Apple ID credentials.
(4) You will be directed to the Account Information page, scroll down to the Manage tab and click on the Manage button corresponds to Subscriptions.
(5) All the subscriptions related to your Apple ID will appear. Click the Edit button next to the Apple Music Membership.
(6) Now, tap on Cancel Subscription. On the confirmation pop-up, click on Confirm.
How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription using Apple TV?
If you are an Apple TV user, use the below steps to cancel the subscription.
(1) Open the Settings applications on your Apple TV.
(2) Click on the Accounts option.
(3) Scroll down and select the Manage Subscriptions option.
(4) All your Apple Subscriptions will appear. Choose the Apple Music Membership.
(5) On the next screen click on the Cancel Subscription button.
(6) Click Confirm on the Confirm Cancellation screen.
How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription using Apple Watch?
Feeling lazy to get the iPhone? You can cancel the subscription of Apple Music on Apple Watch too.
(1) Open the App Store application on your Apple Watch.
(2) Click on the Accounts and choose Subscriptions.
(3) All your subscriptions will appear. Choose the Apple Music Membership.
(4) Click on the Cancel Subscription button. If any confirmation pop-up appears, click Confirm button.
How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription on Android smartphones?
Like we said earlier, you can use the Apple Music app on Android smartphones too. There are more than 50 million downloads for the app. If you are one among the 50 million, use the below steps to cancel the Apple Music Subscription.
(1) Open the Apple Music app.
(2) Click on the More icon on the top-right of the screen.
(3) Tap on the Accounts option.
(4) On the Accounts page, click the Manage Membership.
(5) Now, all your Apple Subscriptions will appear. Choose the Apple Music Membership.
(6) Click on the Cancel Subscription and tap on Confirm to cancel the Apple Music Subscription.
How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription on Windows PC
For this method, you have to install the iTunes application. Install the application from the Apple Support Page. With the iTunes app, you can control your iOS device from your Windows PC.
(1) Open the iTunes app on your Windows PC.
(2) Click on the Accounts on the top and select View My Account.
(3) Enter your Apple ID credentials to sign in.
(4) On the Account Information, scroll down to the Settings tab.
(5) Click on the Manage next to the Subscriptions.
(6) All your subscriptions will appear. Select the Apple Music Membership.
(7) Scroll down a bit and tap on Cancel Subscription. A confirmation pop-up will appear. Click on Confirm.
You can use the same steps on your Mac PC too.
What will happen when you cancel Apple Music Subscription
Apple Music Subscription is Auto-Renewal services. This means that when you cancel the subscription, you can use Apple Music until the billing cycle ends. For instance, if your billing cycle ends on June 25 and you cancel the subscription on June 15, you can access the Apple Music till June 25. After that, you won’t be charged. There is no way that you can get a refund for your cancelled subscriptions.
But if you cancel the three-month free trial, it will be terminated immediately. No matter how long your trail extends. If you start your three-month free trial on March 5 and you cancelled on March 25, you can’t access it for the remaining days.
These are the different ways that you can cancel the Apple Music Subscriptions or Membership. Even though Apple Music has a low subscription, it is important to cancel it, when you are not using the service. If you any other way to cancel the Apple Music subscription, tell that in the comments below.