Snapchat allows you to use Filters for your snaps. To create a Snapchat account, you have to sign up with your first and last name along with your date of birth. By default, a username will be assigned, but you can change the username while creating your account. Let us discuss how to change the Snapchat username in this article.
One of the missing features in Snapchat is the ability to change usernames after using them for a while. Other social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitch offers its user to change their username without any restrictions. But, as of February 23, 2022, Snapchat joins the list. You can change your Snapchat username. The feature has been added to the platform in the latest update. Update the Snapchat app on your Android or iPhone from the Play Store or App Store to change the username.
Things to Consider Before Changing Snapchat Username
- You can change your Snapchat username once a year. If you change the username by mistake, you have to keep that for a year.
- For now, you can change the username to the one that has not been used before by anyone. With this, if you change your username, you can’t use your old username.
- Changing your username won’t change your display name or any other personal information.
Steps to Change Snapchat Username
Quick Tip: Go to Profile –> Click Settings icon –> Tap Username –> Choose Change Username –> Enter your new Snapchat username.
(1) Open the Snapchat app and go to your profile.
(2) Tap the Settings icon on the top.
(3) Select the Username option.
(4) On the next screen, tap the Change Username button.
(5) Read out the pop-up and click the Continue button.
(6) Enter your new username and click the Next button.
(7) For confirmation, enter your password tap the Confirm button.
(8) Now, your Snapchat username will be updated.
Steps to Change username while creating the account
(1) Open the Snapchat app and click on the “Sign Up” button.
(2) Enter the First and Last name and click on the “Next” button.
(3) Now enter the DOB on this page and click “Continue“.
(4) By default, a username appears based on your first and last name.
(5) Click on the change my username button.
(6) Enter your desired username. If the username is already taken, you will receive an error message. Try other usernames until you get the desired one. Then, click Continue.
This is the procedure available to change your Snapchat username.
How to Change Display Name on Snapchat
You can easily change the display name on your Snapchat. Snapchat is available on both Android and iOS smartphones. You can change the display name by using both devices.
(1) Open the Snapchat app on your smartphone.
(2) Click on the profile icon on the top of your app.
(3) On your Profile page, click on the “Settings” button.
(4) Click on the “Name” button under “My Account” tab.
(5) Click on the “Remove Name” option. It will remove the current display name.
(6) Now, enter the New Display name and click the Save button.
The display name is now changed on your profile.
Snapchat New Update Alert
If you are not aware of the Snapchat change username ability, you will receive a snap from the Team Snapchat Team, guiding you to change the username. You can also use that to change your username.
Before the update, if you really want to change your Snapchat username, you have to delete your Snapchat account and create a new one with your desired username. After this update, changing the username on Snapchat without deleting the account. It is a cakewalk.