- Android: Settings → Apps → WhatsApp → Clear Cache → OK.
- iPhone: Settings→ General→ iPhone Storage→ Delete App.
- Windows: Clear the cache of the WhatsApp app using third-party apps.
- Mac: Launch Finder → Go → Go to Finder → Enter the cache library address → Select WhatApp folder → Move to Bin → Delete.
Do you want to speed up your WhatsApp performance or want to free up your device storage? Then, it’s quite essential to clear the cache data on WhatsApp. Fortunately, you have the methods to clear the cache of WhatsApp across your smartphones.
You can fix the non-working conditions of WhatsApp by clearing the cache. Clearing the cache on the app enhances the app’s performance. Meanwhile, you can get storage space by clearing the excessive cache of the app
This article will look into the steps of clearing the WhatsApp cache on your smartphone (Android or iOS). Moreover, get an idea about the best apps for cache clearing on your PC followingly.
How to Clear WhatsApp Cache on Android
1. Head over to the Settings option.
2. Click on the Apps and hit the Manage Apps.
3. Find the WhatsApp from the installed apps list.
4. Hit WhatsApp and click on Clear Data placed at the bottom of the screen.
5. Tap the Clear Cache option and hit the OK option.
The WhatsApp app cache will be cleared on your Android smartphone.
How to Remove WhatsApp Cache on iPhone
Unfortunately, iPhone users can’t clear the cache like the Android app. The only possible way to clean the cache is to uninstall and reinstall the WhatsApp application on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Unlock your iPhone and head over to the Settings option.
2. Tap the General section and select the iPhone Storage option from the list.
3. Find and tap the WhatsApp app from the list of apps. You can clear the cache of the app in two methods.
- Offload App– Free up the WhatsApp storage except for the documents and data. You can get back your data by reinstalling the app.
- Delete App– Permanently deletes the app from the device.
4. Click on the Delete App and confirm the deletion of the app.
5. You can reinstall the app from the App Store and you can restore your data through the backup.
How to Clear WhatsApp Cache on Windows
There is no direct way to clear the cache on the WhatsApp desktop application on Windows. In such cases, you can use third-party apps to clear the cache on your Windows. One of the best third-party cache-clearing apps is CCleaner from Piriform.
1. Open the default browser on your Windows PC and Mac and visit CCleaner’s official site.
2. Download the app on your device.
3. Once installed, run the CCleaner and click Analyze.
4. A list of files to clear the cache will appear on the screen.
5. Select WhatsApp and click Run Cleaner at the bottom.
6. Click Continue on the pop-up dialog box to clear the cache.
Note: You can also install CCleaner on Mac to delete the WhatsApp cache.
Best Alternative Apps to Clear Cache on Windows
|Cleaner One Pro Windows||Daisy Disk|
|CCleaner||Mac Cleaner Pro|
|Clean Master||Parallels Toolbox|
|Wise Disk Cleaner||MacBooster|
|Wise Care 365||Disk Doctor|
How to Delete WhatsApp Cache on Mac
1. Turn on your Mac, and launch Finder.
2. Click Go and select Go to Folder.
3. Enter the address as ~/Library/Caches and choose Go.
4. Search for the folder named WhatsApp.
5. Highlight the WhatsApp folder by clicking it.
6. Right-click on it and choose Move to Bin.
7. Further head to the Bin and delete the cache folders right away.
How to Remove WhatsApp Cache on Desktop Browser
If you are using WhatsApp web, you can clear the cache from the web browser.
Note: There is no standalone setting to remove the cache for WhatsApp.
1. On your Chrome browser, click Customize and Control Google Chrome (three dots).
2. Click Settings from the options.
3. Head to Privacy and Security.
4. Select Clear Browsing Data.
5. Choose Cached images and files (Either in Basic or Advanced) and set the Time range.
6. Select Clear Data.
Clearing the WhatsApp cache is absolutely safe to free up some storage space.
No. It deletes only the WhatsApp cache. Your messages, photos, videos, and GIFs will not be cleared while deleting the cache.
Yes, the WhatsApp application is available on the Mac App Store.