Sky Go is a digital streaming app from Sky group for watching live and on-demand content. It is free with the Sky TV subscription and offers 70+ live TV channels. The contents include movies, TV shows, News, highlights, etc. Sky Go application is compatible with various devices except for Firestick, a popular streaming device used worldwide. Despite not having official support, you can install Sky Go on Firestick thanks to the sideloading technique.
If you aren’t a Sky subscriber, click here to sign up for Sky Go.
There are several tools available to sideload Sky Go on Firestick. Here, we will show you the top 2 apps that you can use to download the Sky Go Android version easily.
- Downloader App
- ES File Explorer
Both the apps are officially available on the Amazon App Store. But, you have to enable unknown sources in order to sideload apk files on any sideloading app.
#1 Connect the Firestick device to the TV’s HDMI port.
#2 Select Settings at the top. Scroll right and click My Fire TV.
#3 Select Developer Options and tap Apps from Unknown Sources.
#4 Click Turn On to enable the setting.
Now, Firestick is ready to install apps from unknown sources.
Using Downloader App
(1) Go to the Firestick home screen and select the Search icon.
(2) Type Downloader using remote and choose it from the options below.
(3) Select Get to install the app and click Open to launch Downloader on Firestick.
(5) Enter the Sky Go URL (http://bit.ly/2Jx9DHm) in the browser and click Go. A third-party downloading page will open on the screen. Scroll down and click to Download.
(6) After downloading the file, the installation tab will open automatically. Click INSTALL.
(7) After installation, click Open to launch Sky Go on Firestick.
Using ES File Explorer
You need to unlock the premium version of ES File Explorer to sideload a third-party apk file.
(1) In the Fire TV home screen, click the Search icon.
(2) Search for ES File Explorer and select it from the list.
(3) Click Get or Download to install the app on Firestick if it is unavailable.
(4) Now, select Open to launch the ES File Explorer app and click Downloader on the app’s home screen.
(5) Tap the New+ icon at the bottom to install a new app.
(6) Enter the Sky Go URL in the path and type Sky Go as the name.
(7) Click Download Now to download the Sky Go Apk file and select Open File.
(8) After that, select Install to begin the installation and click Install on the next screen.
(9) Wait for the app to install and select Open to launch the Sky Go on Firestick.
Regardless of the downloading method, you need to sign in with your Sky TV subscription credentials to stream the contents. Instead of these two tools, you can also use FileLinked, Aptoide TV, and a few more.