Facebook is the mass social media platform that has users all around the world. The platform has over 2 billion users in the world. With these 2 billion users, there are a countless number of Groups on Facebook. Many among these groups are inactive and can be deleted if no one is using it. If you are an Admin of a Facebook group and wondering how to delete your Facebook group, then follow the steps below to delete it.
Ways to Delete Facebook Group on Various devices
- Delete Facebook Group using smartphones
- Delete Facebook Group using PC
How to Delete Facebook Group using iOS Smartphones
In iOS smartphones, there are two ways to delete your Facebook group. Before that, update your Facebook app on your iOS smartphone to the latest version. In older versions, steps may vary.
(1) Open the Facebook app and click the three-horizontal icon on the bottom right corner.
(2) Click the Groups option on the menu.
(3) On the Groups menu, click Your Groups. The groups you are managing right now will appear.
(4) Click on the Group that you want to delete.
(5) On the Group, click on the Shield with Star icon on the top right corner.
(6) Click on Members. The existing group members will be displayed.
(7) Click on the member and choose Remove Member. You need to remove all the existing group members in order to delete the group.
(8) After removing all the members and you are the last one to leave the group, it will ask for you to leave and delete the group. Click Leave and Delete option to delete the group.
The above method is applicable only to iOS smartphones. In Android smartphones, you can only remove the group members. If you are the last member of the group, leave and delete the group option won’t be available. Instead, you can use the below way.
There is another simple way to leave the Facebook group if you are the last person remaining on the group. Go to the group and click the Shield with Star icon. In the Admin tools, the last option will be Leave Group. Click on it, it will ask for Leave and Delete, choose the option to delete the group. This option is available on both iOS and Android smartphones.
How to Delete Facebook Group on PC using Browser
Deleting Facebook Group on PC is the same as your smartphone. The only difference is that in your PC, you will have shortcuts to your Groups, Pages, and Explore options. So the navigation between the groups will be easier than in smartphones.
(1) Open your Facebook account on your PC or click here.
(2) If the Group you want to delete appears on the Shortcut menu click on it. If not click the drop-down menu and click on Manage Groups.
(3) On the left, you will see the groups that you are managing. Click on the group that you want to delete.
(4) On the next screen, click on Members on the left side of the screen.
(5) All the existing members will be displayed. Click on the three-doted icon respective to the member.
(6) Click Remove from Group option. It will display some options regarding the member. Tick the options as per your wish and click Confirm. Do the same for all the existing group members.
(7) If you are the last person to leave the group, it will ask for Leave and delete. Click the option to delete the group.
You can also delete a Facebook Group by using the Facebook app on PC. The procedure is the same as mentioned above. You need to remove all the existing group members to delete the group. After that click on Leave and Delete.
To delete a Facebook group you need to remove all the existing members from that group. This may be possible for a small group. But what if your group has thousands of members. You can’t remove all the members and delete the group instead you can Archive the group. But there are some limitations to the Archive option.
- How to Enable Facebook Dark Mode?
- How to See Who is Following Me on Facebook?
- How to Deactivate/Delete Facebook Account Permanently?
- How to Leave a Group on Facebook?
- How to Hide Friends On Facebook?
- How to Advertise on Facebook?
- How to Schedule Posts on Facebook?
- How to Link Facebook to Twitter?
To Archive Facebook group, go to the Group Settings and click on the last option “Archive”. Click on to, if you want to can give a reason to archive the group. Only Group admins can archive the group. By Archive the group, existing members still able to access the group but they can’t add people, like, comment, and post on the page. Deleting the group is a permanent action whereas archive is a temporary thing. You can undo it any time you want.
Use the above steps to delete your Facebook Group. If it is too hard to remove the group members one by one, archive the group. Archive the group is similar to deleting the group but for a temporary time.