Instagram is a free social media app that allows you to share photos and videos from your mobile device. Like Facebook and other social media apps, it allows users to follow other people, like and comment on other posts. Once a post is uploaded, it is available in your Instagram account permanently. You can add stories on your Instagram account as well. The stories are available for 24 hours and it can be viewed only by people who are following you. Sometimes, after uploading a photo, you might get a second thought and think of deleting it. You can easily delete the Instagram Photos and remove the photo from your account easily.
How to Delete Instagram Photos using Smartphones (Android/iPhone)?
(2) Click on your profile button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
(3) All the photos you have uploaded will get displayed. Choose the photo which you want to delete.
(4) The photo will open. Tap on the three-dotted icon in the right corner of the screen.
(5) Tap on the Delete option.
(6) Again click on Delete to confirm your action.
That’s it. Now your Instagram photos will be deleted from your account.
How to delete Instagram Photos using PC?
You can view the photos on PC but there is no direct option available to delete photos from your Instagram account on PC. There is one alternative but it is better to delete it on your phones than this alternative.
Alternative Way using PC:
- Install Android emulator on your PC. (Example: Bluestacks)
- Open the Google Play Store and sign in with your Gmail account.
- Install the Instagram app on your PC using the emulator.
- Open Instagram on your emulator and login with your Instagram ID and password.
- Go to the profile option on your Instagram app.
- Select the photo which you want to delete.
- Click on the three-dotted icon and choose “Delete” option.
- Click on the “Delete” again to confirm.
The above is an alternative method to delete Instagram photos on the PC.
Note: Android Emulators might slow down your system. If you want to delete the photos only using PC, then you can use this method. Else you can delete it easily with your phone.
How to delete Multiple Photos/Posts on Instagram?
There is no option available to select and delete multiple photos on your Instagram account. But you can delete the photos one by one by following the above method. If you want to delete all the photos, then delete your Instagram account permanently.
Deleting Instagram photos doesn’t involve complex navigation. You can delete the posts only by using your smartphone. There is no option available to delete the photos using the desktop. There is an option available to “Archive” the photos. By archiving the photos, you can only view the photos and others will not be able to see it.