- PC: Go to the Twitter website or PC → Choose a video and click the Share icon → Click the Copy link to Tweet option → Go to New Tweet and paste the link → Edit the link to embed the video.
- iPhone: Open the Twitter app → Hold the video that you want to embed → Choose the Tweet Video option → Press the Tweet button to tweet with the embedded video.
- Android: Open the Twitter app → Go to the video and click the Share icon → Tap the Copy link to Tweet option → Go to New Tweet and paste the link → Modify the link to embed the video.
Twitter has some cool features hidden behind it. Apart from tweets and images, you can also post a video from your Twitter profile. You can leap one step higher by embedding another person’s video in your tweet. Based on the device you are using, the steps to embed a video on Twitter vary.
Why Embed a Video on Twitter
Embedding someone’s video is similar to that retweeting the video, but in a retweet, the whole content tweet with their profile will be tweeted along with your quote or without quotes. Whereas embedding a video on Twitter means the video is shared in our profile by tagging the person who posted it. In this way, you can post or share another person’s video in your Twitter profile without retweeting. If you want to access the video offline, you can download videos from Twitter to your device’s library. It is proven that the video in your tweet will grab more attention than the text.
How to Embed a Video on Twitter Using PC
(1) Open the Twitter website or app on your PC.
(2) Open a video that you like to embed in your account.
(3) Click on the Share icon in the right corner below the post video.
(4) Select the Copy link to Tweet from the share menu. This will copy the tweet link to the clipboard in the same as you copy the Twitter profile link.
(5) Now, tap on the Tweet button from the left panel to post a new tweet.
(6) You can see a pop-up to compose the tweet. Now, paste the link which you copied from the tweet.
(7) After pasting the link, edit the link by deleting the notations in the link from the “?”
(8) Add the text “/video/1“.
(9) Quote your thoughts about the video above the link or just click on the Tweet button.
(10) Now, the video is embedded in your timeline with the username of the user who posted the video.
How to Embed a Video on Twitter using iPhone
(1) Open the Twitter app on your iPhone.
(2) Open the video that you like to embed in your tweet.
(3) Press and hold the video.
(4) A pop-up menu will appear. Select the Tweet Video option.
(5) It will take direct you to the new tweet composing tab.
(6) The link to the video will be found. You can quote your thought about the video above the link if needed.
(7) Tap the Tweet button in the top right corner.
(8) Now, the video will embed in your timeline, and the username will be tagged below the video.
How to Embed a Video on Twitter using Android
(1) Open the Twitter app on your Android device.
(2) Go to the video that you like to embed in your account.
(3) Click on the Share icon.
(4) Select the Copy link to Tweet from the share tweet.
(5) Now, tap on the New Tweet icon in the bottom right corner of the application.
(6) Quote your thought about the video you are about to share or just paste the link of the tweet that you have copied.
(7) After pasting the link, edit the link by deleting the notations in the link from the “?”.
(8) Add the text “/video/1” and tap the Tweet button.
(9) Now, the video will be embedded in your timeline with the username of the user who posted the video tagged below the video.
These are the simple ways to embed your video on Twitter rather than retweeting it. Give a better look at your account and timeline by making use of it.
How to Embed YouTube Videos on Twitter
The above-mentioned methods can be used to embed a video that is tweeted by someone on Twitter. But what if you want to embed a YouTube video in your Tweet? To do so,
(1) Go to the YouTube video that you want to embed in your tweet.
(2) Click the Share button.
(3) Now, tap the Copy button to copy the YouTube video link.
(4) Paste the link in your new tweet and post your tweet.
(5) The YouTube video will be embedded in your tweet.
In the same way, you can embed any video, even a video from TikTok, in your tweet. Just copy the video link from the source and paste the link into your new tweet. On the contrary, you can download any of the embedded videos from any website offline.
Videos on Twitter: Limitations
Like every other social media platform, you have certain limitations on Twitter too. For normal Twitter users, the following restrictions will apply.
- The video must have a minimum resolution of 32 x 32.
- The maximum file size of the video is 512 MB.
- Have a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200 (or 1200 X 1900)
- The video time limit should be less than 4 minutes.
- The maximum frame rate of 40 frames per second
- It Should have an aspect ratio of 1:2.39 to 2.39:1
- The maximum bitrate of 25 megabytes per second
For Twitter Blue users, the video time limit is up to 60 minutes on the Twitter website and 10 minutes on the Twitter app.
Embedded Video on Twitter Not Working
There are some cases when the embedded video on your Twitter account doesn’t play or has any issues. Some of the reasons are,
- If the original person deletes the videos, the video will be deleted from all users who have embedded the video in their tweets.
- If the embedded video doesn’t meet Twitter regulations, it will be deleted from your tweet and from the original user.
- The original Twitter account is deleted, banned, or deactivated, the embedded video from the user will also be removed.
- After Elon Musk’s reign, Twitter has had a lot of new problems and issues. If you have a persistent issue, you need to look for Twitter alternatives.
No, you can’t embed an embedded video on Twitter. A video can’t be embedded twice.