Along with WhatsApp, Telegram is the application preferred by people. However, Telegram lacks the support to send disappearing photos or messages. Unlike the WhatsApp view once feature, you can’t send expiring messages on Telegram. However, there are ways to do it easily. One is Secret Chat mode and the other one is Self-destruct timer.
Send Disappearing Photos on Telegram Using Secret Chat
The disappearing photos and videos are only applicable for direct messages, you cannot send them in group chats or channels.
1. Open the Telegram app on iPhone.
2. Search for any of your contacts.
3. Click on the profile picture and choose More.
4. Navigate to Start Secret Chat and confirm your decision.
5. In the secret chat, click on the timer icon and choose the duration for which the photo will be visible.
6. Send the image and it will disappear after your fixed time.
1. Open the Android Telegram app.
2. Select the Telegram conversation you want.
3. Click on the Person’s Profile Name.
4. Choose the three-dot icon in the top right corner and select the Start Secret Chat option.
5. Press the Start to continue. At the top, choose the stopwatch icon and set the time duration you want. You can set up the timer from 30 sec to one minute.
6. Choose Done and send the images.
Send Disappearing Photos on Telegram Using Self-Destruct Timer
While using this feature, the messages and photos that you send will disappear after the selected time.
1. Open the Telegram app.
2. Launch any text conversation and click on the paper clip icon.
3. Navigate to Photo and choose any image.
4. Click and hold the arrow icon on the right.
5. Choose the Send With Timer.
6. Select a time frame and send the image.
7. The image will look blurred with a timer. Telegram will remove or delete it after it is viewed.
1. Launch the Telegram app.
2. Navigate to any conversation with your friend.
3. Click on the three dots and choose Set self-destruct timer.
4. Choose the time and tap Done.
5. Click the Paper clip icon at the bottom right.
6. Choose an image from your gallery → select the Send button → send the message.
7. After sending the message, wait for the image to be deleted.
- How to recover delete messages on Telegram
- How to get Telegram premium
- How to sign up for a new Telegram account
Frequently Asked Questions
When self-destructing is not working, you can fix it or can try some alternatives like Secret Chat in Telegram.