- To Send Disappearing photos on Telegram using secret chat: Open the app on iPhone or Android→ Profile picture→ More → Start Chat and hit Start → Hit the Timer icon.
- To Send Disappearing photos on Telegram using Self Destruct timer: Open the app on iPhone or Android→tap on any chat→hit the paperclip icon→ arrow→send with Timer.
Telegram has wondered all of us with its amazing features day by day. One of the features is sending disappearing photos on Telegram. This feature allows the picture that you send, will disappear automatically after the particular time you set. You can send the disappearing photos using secret chat or by self-destructive timers. With the disappearing photos feature, you are able to reduce your storage space.
- Send Disappearing Photos on Telegram Using Secret Chat
- How to Send Disappearing Photos on Telegram Using Secret Chat on iPhone
- How to Send Disappearing Photos Using Secret Chat on Android
- Send Disappearing Photos on Telegram Using Self-Destruct Timer
- How to Send Disappearing Photos Using Self-Destruct Timer on iPhone
- How to Send Disappearing Photos on Telegram Using Self-Destruct Timer on Android
Send Disappearing Photos on Telegram Using Secret Chat
You can send disappearing photos by using the secret chat on Telegram. The disappearing photos and videos are only applicable to direct messages. You cannot send them in group chats or channels.
How to Send Disappearing Photos on Telegram Using Secret Chat on iPhone
1. Install the Telegram app from the App Store, and launch and open the app.
2. Search for any of your contacts.
3. Click on the profile picture and choose More.
4. Navigate to Start Secret Chat and hit Start.
5. In the secret chat, click on the timer icon and choose the duration for which the photo will be visible.
6. Choose the period within which the photo disappears.
7. Send the image, and it will disappear after your fixed time.
Also, check how to send disappearing messages on WhatsApp using the View Once feature.
How to Send Disappearing Photos Using Secret Chat on Android
1. Get the Telegram app from the Google PlayStore and head over to the Telegram home screen.
2. Select the Telegram conversation you want.
3. Click on the Person’s Profile Name.
4. Choose the three-dot icon in the top right corner and select the Start Secret Chat option.
5. Press the Start to continue. At the top, choose the stopwatch icon and set the time duration you want. You can set up the timer from 30 sec to one minute.
6. Choose Done and send the images.
Note: Check out our guide on how to recover deleted messages on Telegram.
Send Disappearing Photos on Telegram Using Self-Destruct Timer
While using this feature, the messages and photos that you send will disappear after the selected time.
How to Send Disappearing Photos Using Self-Destruct Timer on iPhone
1. Open the Telegram app on your iPhone.
2. Launch any text conversation and click on the paper clip icon.
3. Navigate to Photo and choose any image.
4. Click and hold the arrow icon on the right.
5. Choose the Send With Timer.
6. Select a time frame and send the image.
7. The image will look blurred with a timer. Telegram will remove or delete it after it is viewed.
How to Send Disappearing Photos on Telegram Using Self-Destruct Timer on Android
1. Unlock your Android device screen and launch the Telegram app.
2. Navigate to any conversation with your friend.
3. Click on the three dots and choose Set to self-destruct timer.
4. Choose the time and tap Done.
5. Click the Paper clip icon at the bottom right.
6. Choose an image from your gallery → select the Send button → send the message.
7. After sending the message, wait for the image to be deleted.
When self-destructing is not working, you can fix it or can try some alternatives like Secret Chat in Telegram.
If you need to save the self-destructing photos on Telegram, then you can use the screen mirroring app, or screen recording app, capture photos using another camera or use Telegram web.
To recover the deleted disappearing photos on Telegram, navigate to File Manager on your Android device. Click on Internal Storage, hit Telegram, and tap on Telegram images.
You can send the disappearing photos on Telegram only in a personal chat and not in a group chat.