On the smart TVs lineup, LG Smart TV is one of the prominent devices. The smart TV has some advanced features like HDR Content viewing, Dolby Vision, and even has its own app Store – LG SmartStore. On the other hand, Hulu is one of the most-used streaming platforms in the USA. It offers a variety of subscription plans and has quality video content. Hulu on LG TV is a treat for binge-watchers and movie lovers. Use the Hulu app on your LG TV and stream movies & series.
Hulu has four subscription plans and each is different from others.
- $5.99 per month [Hulu]
- $11.99 per month [Hulu + No Ads]
- $54.99 per month [Hulu + Live TV]
- $60.99 per month [Hulu + Live TV (No Ads]
Hulu on LG Smart TV
LG has two types of smart TV, LG Smart TV with webOS and LG Smart TVs powered by Roku TV. In all the LG Smart TVs, the Hulu app is a pre-installed app. You don’t have to install the app manually.
(1) On the LG Smart TV’s home screen, navigate to the Hulu app. For LG Roku TVs, go to the Streaming Channels section.
(2) For the first time, it will ask for account information. Enter your subscribed account credentials.
(3) After the sign in, you can watch the Hulu contents on your LG Smart TV.
How to Install Hulu app
In case if you don’t find the app on your LG smart TV by default, the let us see how to install it.
(1) On your LG TV remote, press the Home button.
(2) Choose More Apps to go to the LG Content Store.
(3) Under premium options, type in and search for the Hulu app.
(4) Once you find it, click install to get the app on your TV.
If you can’t find the app on the store, then it means that the app is not made compatible to the model of the TV you use.
Instead, you can use external media streaming devices like the Firestick and Roku. The process of getting the app on these devices is pretty easy. In most cases, these devices carry these popular streaming apps including Hulu by default. Else, by simply searching on the store, you would get the app on your device.
Limitations on the Hulu app
LG Smart TV models that run on WebOS 3.0 and below will have the Classic Hulu app. Selected LG TV models like B6, UH6350, UH6330, UH77, UH76, and UH61 series are the example. In the app, you can stream all the movies, series, original shows on your LG TV. But you can’t access the Live TV and add-ons contents, though you have a Hulu + Live TV account.
In LG Smart TV with WebOS 3.5 and above, LG powered Roku TVs and selected WebOS 3.0 devices (except the models mentioned above) will have full access to the Hulu app.
Note: You can find the model number on the backside of your TV.
These are the things that you need to know when you want to stream Hulu content on LG Smart TV. As you can’t install apps from websites and apks. you need to stick with the limitation on LG Smart TV. If you have any doubts or difficulties in the Hulu app, tell us in the comments section.