Hulu is a popular streaming service that was initially started to stream on-demand content. Later on, live TV streaming was added. It is available for users residing in the United States and Japan. Hulu is compatible with Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, Amazon Firestick, Xbox One, Chromecast, Samsung TV, Android, and iOS. On Roku, you can download the Hulu app for free from the Channel store.
- Hulu offers 65+ live TV channels, including CNN, Fox News, CNBC, Food Network, Lifetime, TBS, TNT, Discovery, History, ESPN, FS1, ACCN, Disney Channel, etc.
- Apart from national live TV channels, it also has local channels such as ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC.
- The on-demand library contains thousands of movies and TV shows, including Hulu Originals.
- It offers Cloud DVR storage for 50 hours to record live TV, and it can be extended up to 200 hours by paying an extra fee.
- The contents can be streamed in 1080p HD quality with 60 fps.
- It provides an option to create 6 profiles with a single subscription and will provide personalized recommendations for each individual.
Hulu has four different subscription plans with an appropriate free trial period. You can cancel your Hulu subscription whenever you want.
|Subscription Plan||Cost||Free Trial|
|Hulu||$5.99 per month||30 days|
|Hulu (No Ads)||$11.99 per month||30 days|
|Hulu + Live TV||$64.99 per month||7 days|
|Hulu + Live TV (No Ads)||$70.99 per month||7 days|
The yearly subscription is only available for the Hulu basic on-demand plan, and it costs $59.99 per year. Apart from that, Hulu also supports adding additional addons.
|HBO Max||$14.99 / month|
|CINEMAX||$9.99 / month|
|SHOWTIME||$10.99 / month|
|STARZ||$8.99 / month|
How to Get and Watch Hulu on Roku
For Roku, Hulu is available in two versions: the Latest Hulu app and the Classic Hulu app. The main difference between the two versions is that the classic version supports only on-demand content. You can’t use it to stream live TV channels and premium add-ons. In contrast, the latest version supports all the features of Hulu.
|Latest Hulu App||Classic Hulu App|
|Roku 2 (model 4210X)|
4K Roku TV
Roku Express and Express+
Roku Streaming Stick (model 3500X or later)
Roku Premiere and Premiere +
|Roku 1 (model 2710X)|
Roku 2 (model 2720X)
Roku LT (model 2700X)
(1). Plug-in Roku device to the HDMI port of the TV and launch Roku.
(2). Press the home button in the remote to get the menu and select Streaming Channels.
(3). In the channel Store, scroll down and click Search Channels.
(4). Type Hulu in the search using remote and choose it from the suggestions.
(5). Select Add Channel to install the Hulu app and click OK in the prompt.
(6). Tap Go to Channel to launch Hulu on Roku and click Login.
(7). Log in with your Hulu Username and Password.
(8). Choose the live TV channel or on-demand content you want and start streaming it on Roku.
Hulu + Live TV provides all the aspects of entertainment from live News, sports content, originals, and movies. It also has a live TV guide to list out the upcoming shows on your favorite TV channel.
Can’t find Hulu on Roku?
If you can’t find Hulu on Roku, update your Roku firmware to the latest version and then search for the channel.
Hulu not working on Roku
If the installed Hulu channel has not worked properly, try these fixes
- Update the Hulu channel on your Roku device.
- Update your Roku firmware (if available)
- Uninstall and re-install Hulu channel
- Restart Roku and then launch the Hulu channel.
Is it possible to use Hulu on Roku the Outside US?
No. It is impossible to use Hulu on Roku outside the US even with the VPN service.