Most of the apps don’t play any sound or when your iPhone is on silent mode. We may forget to turn off the silent mode on our iPhones. If you’re using an iPhone for the first time, you might be wondering about turning off the silent mode on your iPhone. In such cases, there are various ways to turn off the silent mode. There is a dedicated ringer button on your iPhone to turn off and on the sound of your device. Likewise, you can access the sound settings in order to turn the sounds on and off on your iPhone. Let us discuss how to unmute iPhone in detail.
How to Unmute iPhone
There are two different ways to unmute your iPhone.
- You can use the ring/silent switch to put your phone on silent or ring mode.
- You can unmute your phone by accessing the sound settings.
The below guide will work on all iPhone models. It includes
iPhone 13 Mini
iPhone 13 Pro
iPhone 13 Pro Max
iPhone 12 Mini
iPhone 12 Pro
iPhone 12 Pro Max
iPhone 11 Pro
iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone XS Max
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone 7 Plus
Unmute iPhone Using the Ring/Silent Switch
You can find a ring/silent switch on the side of the iPhone. It will be on the left side. You can use it to control the sounds on your iPhone. To unmute, you need to put the ring/silent switch in Ring Mode.
It will help you to play the audio and music. Simply move the ring/silent switch so that the red or orange color is not visible. It will turn on the sounds on your iPhone. You can turn on the silent mode back by sliding the switch so that the orange or red color is visible.
Unmute iPhone Without Button (Using Settings)
1. From your iPhone, go to Settings > Sounds and Haptics. On your iPhone 6 and below models, go to Settings > Sounds.
2. Select the volume parameter you want to adjust like, ringtone, text tone, new voicemail, new mail, etc.
3. Tap on the alert tone or alert type you want. Adjust the volume slider. It will automatically increase the sound and turn off the silent mode.
Alternative Way – Turn Off Silent Mode in iPhone Using Control Centre
You can use the Control Centre to turn off the silent mode on iPhone. You can use the Control Centre under the following circumstances:
- No ring or silent switch on your device or the switch isn’t working.
- If you have configured the switch for orientation lock.
Sometimes you can use the volume adjusting slider to increase the volume of your iPhone.
Launch the Control Center by dragging it from the top or bottom of the screen. To turn the mute off, make sure that the ring volume bar is white in color.
Techowns Tips! Simple guide to change app icons on iPhone
And that is it about unmuting iPhone. You can also use the above suggested method to unmute your iPad. Sometimes you can also use the volume increase or decrease button to adjust the phone ringtone and other audio output volumes. Use the below comment section to post the queries related to this guide. Make sure to follow Techowns’ Facebook and Twitter pages to get instant updates.