Hulu is an online video streaming service founded and maintained by The Walt Disney Company since 2007. It is one of the most famous streaming channels across the US and has almost all blockbuster movies and live TV channels. Unfortunately, there is no free version of Hulu, and the base subscription includes commercials while streaming. Chromecast with Google TV is a media streaming device sold by Google itself. Many people are wondering whether is Hulu is available on Google TV or not? The following guide will answer all your questions.
Hulu has tons of movies to stream, and you can watch 65+ live TV channels with the necessary subscription package. Hulu also has documentaries, anime, and sports content on their platform.
There are three subscription packages available on Hulu:
- Hulu – $5.99/month
- Hulu (No Ads) – $11.99/month
- Hulu + Live TV – $64.99/month
How to Watch Hulu on Chromecast with Google TV
Hulu is a video streaming service that is available for only US audiences. The following section will show the installation guide for both US and non-US residence. If you’re living outside the US, you need to install a valid VPN on Google TV for streaming content on Hulu.
How to Install Hulu on Google TV [Inside US]
1. Connect your Google TV device to the TV and turn it on.
2. In the header menu, click the Search option.
3. Type Hulu using the on-screen keyboard or with the help of Google assistant, say Hulu, and then tap the Search icon.
4. Select the Hulu app and click the Install option.
5. Installation may take few minutes depending on your internet connection. After installation, click the Open button.
6. Now, login to your Hulu account and start streaming Hulu on Google TV.
How to Install Hulu on Google TV [Outside US]
If you’re staying outside the US, you cannot find the Hulu app on the Google TV store as it is available only for the US people, and its access is geo-blocked. So follow the below tutorial to stream Hulu even outside the US all over the world.
1. Click the search icon on home screen and search for the Downloader app.
2. Click Install to get Downloader on Google TV. Downloader is the best tool to sideload an Android app on Google TV.
3. Open the app and turn on Unknown sources installation for Downloader app.
You can enable this by navigating to Settings > Device Preferences > Security & Restriction > Unknown Sources > Downloader.
4. Enter the URL: https://bit.ly/3xGrS1g and click the Go button.
5. The Hulu apk file will download on your Google TV. After downloading it, install it by going through the on-screen prompts.
7. Select an Unites States server and click the Connect button.
8. After connecting to the US server, open the Hulu app.
9. Login to your Hulu account and enjoy watching your favorite TV shows and movies on Google TV.
If you’re a US resident, you could also cast Hulu from your smartphone to the Google TV. Chromecast with Google TV also comes with support to receive media from supported apps on smartphones.