McAfee is one of the popular software in computer security. But, they also offer a VPN software called Safe Connect VPN or McAfee VPN. One of the interesting things about McAfee VPN is that it has a built-in browser for private & secured browsing. If you’re a Firestick user, you often need a VPN service to download and access the geo-restricted apps or media. McAfee VPN is one of the VPN services that deserve a chance to try on Firestick devices. Even though you can’t download it from the Amazon App Store, you can sideload and use McAfee’s Android version.
McAfee offers two different subscription plans. You will get a 7-day free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee on both plans.
- $19.99/year (billed $2.99/month)
Click here to sign up for McAfee VPN.
It also has a free plan with certain limitations like automatic server selection, 250 MB per day, fewer security features, and more.
Install McAfee VPN on Firestick
1) Turn on Amazon Firestick and navigate to Settings from the home screen.
2) On the settings screen, choose My Fire TV or Device.
3) In the following screen, choose Developer Options.
4) Then click on the Apps from Unknown Sources to turn it on.
5) Choose Turn On to enable it.
6) Launch the Downloader app on Firestick.
7) Select the Home tab on the left pane and highlight the URL field.
8) Type the URL https://bit.ly/39Nu8Kl and click the Go button.
9) The Safe Connect McAfee VPN apk will download on your Firestick.
10) After installing the apk, click on the Install tab.
11) On the following screen, click on the Open button to launch the application immediately or click on the Done button.
12) Click Delete on the consecutive screens to delete the APK.
Instead of the Downloader app, you can also use ES File Explorer on Firestick to sideload apps. But the downloading facility on ES File Explorer requires unlocking the premium version.
How to use McAfee VPN on Firestick
1) Launch the McAfee VPN from the My Apps section on Firestick.
2) Click the Sign-in option and then configure McAfee login credentials.
3) After signing-in, the home screen displaying current location will appear.
4) Choose the location and server you want.
5) Minimize the screen and then access the geo-restricted content you want.
Alternatives for McAfee VPN on Firestick
There are plenty of VPN applications for Firestick to choose from. But, the best ones are
The major highlight with these VPNs is that they are officially available on the Amazon App Store to download. Hence, they will more provide security features.