Like Smartphones, LG Smart TV has a dedicated app store called LG Content Store to install several apps, including Paramount Plus. It is the rebranded version of the CBS All Access app with additional options and content. You can stream on-demand content from BET, CBS, MTV, Comedy Central, etc. By subscribing to the premium version of Paramount Plus, you can watch the live stream of local channels from CBS Network.
Paramount+ Subscription Plans
Paramount+ offers two premium plans, and you can sign up for the required plan by visiting its official site.
- The basic plan costs $5.99/month or $59.99/year. It is called Limited Commercials Plan and brings all the contents with limited ads.
- The premium plan of Paramount+ costs $9.99/month or $99.99/year. It is a Commercial-Free plan, and you will not get any ads while streaming.
How to Add Paramount Plus on LG Smart TV
You can access Paramount+ on LG Smart TVs running on WebOS 4.0 & higher. So make sure to Update your LG Smart TV to get the latest webOS.
1. Press the Home button on the LG TV remote.
2. Navigate to click on the LG Content Store tile.
3. By using the virtual keyboard, type Paramount Plus.
4. Choose the app from the search result to access the overview screen.
Note – Visit our LG Content Store not working guide to fix the issues while installing the apps from the store.
5. Select the Install button to start installing the Paramount+ app.
6. Choose Launch to open Paramount Plus app on your LG Smart TV.
How to Activate Paramount Plus on LG Smart TV
After installing the Paramount Plus app, you need to link it with your account to stream the content effortlessly. You can activate it either directly on the TV or by using the activation link on your smartphone browser.
1. Open the Paramount Plus app on your LG Smart TV.
2. Go to Settings and choose Sign In.
3. Now, you will get two options.
- On my TV – It will prompt you to enter the Paramount+ credentials on your LG TV.
- On paramountplus.com – It will display you an activation code or the login code.
4. Go to the Paramount Plus activation website for LG TV (https://www.paramountplus.com/activate/lg/).
5. Enter the Paramount+ activation code and click the Activate button.
6. If you’re signed out, enter your Paramount+ login credentials.
7. Once verified, you can stream all the Paramount Plus content on your LG TV.
8. If you have clicked the On my TV option, enter your Paramount+ credentials on the TV with the help of the remote and then stream the video content.
Alternative Method to Watch Paramount+ on LG Smart TV
Latest models of LG TV support both casting and AirPlay functionalities. You can use that advantage to stream Paramount+ content from Android or iOS devices. Ensure your LG TV and smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. For Android smartphones, you don’t have to enable the cast feature. For iOS, you must enable the AirPlay feature on LG TV manually.
- Go to Home Dashboard.
- Select the AirPlay icon.
- Turn on AirPlay
- Choose Every Time in the Require Code section.
3. Open the Paramount+ app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Then, play any video from the app.
5. Tap the Cast or AirPlay icon and choose your LG TV.
6. Now, the video from the Paramount+ app will appear on your LG TV.
Paramount Plus App Not Working on LG Smart TV
If you have any streaming issues with the Paramount Plus app, follow these troubleshooting solutions.
Internet Connection: Make sure your internet connection meets the Paramount+ streaming requirements. It is recommended to have a minimum of 3000 kbps.
Restart: When the Paramount+ apps keep crashing on your LG TV, force close it by restarting the LG Smart TV. After restart, launch the app again and stream the required content.
Update the Paramount+ App: Using the outdated version of the Paramount+ app will result in a certain error. So update the app on your LG Smart TV and check whether the issue is fixed.
Update LG Smart TV: The Paramount+ app is not available on the older version of the LG Smart TV. Update your LG TV to the latest firmware version to get the Paramount+ app.
Reset LG Smart TV: If the error continues to appear repeatedly, reset your LG TV to factory settings and then use the Paramount Plus app again without any error.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can’t find the Paramount Plus app on LG TV if you have an unsupported model or using outdated firmware on your TV.
If you have subscribed for Paramount+ on LG TV, cancel it by
>Visit http://paramountplus.com/ on a web browser.
>Login to your account and tap the profile icon to choose the Account option.
>Click on Cancel Subscription and confirm your cancellation.
Paramount Plus is accessible only in a few countries. Hence, the app will not show up on the store while searching it from unsupported countries. Visit this link to find the list of supported countries.