- Install Paramount+: Press the home button on the remote → select LG Content Store → search for Paramount+ → select the app → tap the Install button.
- Activate Paramount+: Launch the app → go to Settings → choose Sign In → Visit the activation link → enter the code → log into your account.
Paramount Plus is a streaming application that you can install on LG Smart TV to watch media from different channels like BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Smithsonian Channel. It is a premium service, and you need to purchase either Essential ($4.99/month or $49.99/year) or Premium ($9.99/month or $99.99/year). The Premium plan also provides access to the local CBS stations.
Note – The Paramount Plus application is only supported on LG Smart TVs released in 2018 & later. On older models, you need to use streaming devices.
How to Add and Activate Paramount Plus on LG Smart TV
To install the Paramount Plus app, your TV must run on WebOS 4.0 & higher. So make sure to update your LG Smart TV to get the latest webOS.
1. Press the Home button on the LG TV remote.
2. Navigate to click on the LG Content Store tile.
3. By using the virtual keyboard, type Paramount Plus.
4. Choose the app from the search result to access the overview screen.
Note – Visit our LG Content Store not working guide to fix the issues while installing the apps from the store.
5. Select the Install button to start installing the Paramount+ app.
6. Choose Launch to open Paramount Plus app on your LG Smart TV.
After installing the Paramount Plus app, you need to link it to your account to stream the content effortlessly. You can activate it either directly on the TV or by using the activation link on your smartphone browser.
7. Open the Paramount Plus app on your LG Smart TV.
8. Go to Settings and choose Sign In.
9. Now, you will get two options.
- On my TV – It will prompt you to enter the Paramount+ credentials on your LG TV.
- On paramountplus.com – It will display an activation code or the login code.
10. Go to the Paramount Plus activation website for LG TV (https://www.paramountplus.com/activate/lg/).
11. Enter the Paramount+ activation code and click the Activate button.
12. If you’re signed out, enter your Paramount+ login credentials.
13. Once verified, you can stream all the Paramount Plus content on your LG TV.
14. If you have clicked the On my TV option, enter your Paramount+ credentials on the TV with the help of the remote and then stream the video content.
How to Watch Paramount Plus on LG Smart TV [Older Models]
On older models of LG TVs, you can’t install the Paramount+ app. However, you can connect and use the streaming devices with the support for the Paramount+ app. For this method, your LG TV must have a port for an HDMI connection.
|Device||Purchase Link||Installation Guide|
|Amazon Firestick||Paramount Plus on Firestick|
|Apple TV||Paramount Plus on Apple TV|
|Roku||Paramount Plus on Roku|
|Chromecast with Google TV||Paramount Plus on Google TV|
1. Purchase a streaming device and connect the HDMI port of your TV.
2. Choose the proper input source on your TV and connect the streaming device to a WiFi connection.
3. Download the Paramount Plus app by visiting the respective app store.
4. Launch the app and go through the activation process.
*For better understanding, we have provided the installation guide for each device in the above table.
How to Fix Paramount Plus App Not Working on LG Smart TV
If you have streaming issues with the Paramount Plus app, follow the simple troubleshooting solutions on your TV.
Internet Connection: Make sure your internet connection meets the Paramount+ streaming requirements. It is recommended to have a minimum of 3000 kbps. When the internet connection is too slow, the Paramount Plus will keep buffering on your LG TV.
Check Paramount+ Server: If the internet connection is good enough, check whether the Paramount+ servers are working perfectly. You can use services like Downdetector to find the issues with Paramount+ servers.
Restart the LG TV: When the Paramount+ apps keep crashing on your LG TV, force close it by restarting the LG Smart TV. After restarting, launch the app again and stream the required content.
Update the Paramount+ App: Using the outdated version of the Paramount+ app will result in a certain error. So update the app on your LG Smart TV and check whether the issue is fixed.
Update LG Smart TV: The Paramount+ app is not available on the older version of the LG Smart TV. Update your LG TV to the latest firmware version to get the Paramount+ app.
Reset LG Smart TV: If the error appears repeatedly, reset your LG TV to factory settings and then use the Paramount Plus app again without any error.
Why Can’t I Find Paramount Plus on LG TV?
Paramount Plus is a geo-restricted app and can be installed only in a few countries. The supported countries include the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, the Middle East, and the Nordics.