Sling TV is the low-cost best quality streaming TV compared to the satellite and cable TV subscription packs. It is also known as the best streaming service provider for cord-cutters. You can avail the first-month subscription for just $10 and the next month off the regular price. Even though you might not get the real TV viewing experience on mobile or tablets, you can use streaming devices like Roku, Firestick, Google TV, etc. In this tutorial, we guide you to watch Sling TV on Google TV.
Sling TV also has Cloud DVR support where users can record up to 50 hours of their favorite shows and movies. It packs most of the famous channels in its subscription plans, such as ESPN, HBO, etc. Channels are split into categories such as News, Entertainment, Kid’s shows, Lifestyle, etc.
There are three subscription packages available on Sling TV:
- Sling Orange – $30 per month
- Sling Blue – $30 per month
- Sling Orange + Sling Blue – $45 per month
How to Watch Sling TV on Google TV
Sling TV is one of the most-watched TV, similar to Hulu and Netflix but is only available for US residents. Here we have shown how to install and activate Sling TV on Google TV both inside and outside the US.
How to Install Sling TV on Google TV [Inside US]
1. Connect and turn on the Google TV device.
2. Click on the Search tab in the header menu.
3. Enter Sling TV on the search box and tap the search icon.
4. In the list of apps, select the Sling TV app.
5. In the next screen, click Install to start downloading and installing the app.
6. Click Open to launch the app.
7. Login to your Sling TV account and start watching your favorite movies and TV shows.
How to Install Sling TV on Google TV [Outside US]
Sling TV has an official app for Google TV, but you cannot find it on the Google TV store if you’re staying outside the US. With the help of a VPN, you can stream Sling TV, but you cannot install it directly from the play store. Hence, you need to sideload the apk file.
1. Open the Google TV store and go to the search tab.
2. Type Downloader in the search box and click the search icon.
3. Click the Downloader app and tap the Install button.
4. Open the app and click Allow to grant permission to the downloader app to install apps from unknown sources.
5. In the next screen, enter the Sling TV URL and click the Go button.
6. Once the download was completed, click Install to install the app and then close the tab.
7. Go back to Google TV home screen and open the VPN installed on your Google TV.
8. Change the server to the United States and click the Connect button.
9. After successful connection, open the Sling TV app.
10. Login with you Sling TV account and enjoy streaming popular movies and shows on Google TV.
If you’re in the US, you can install Sling TV within a minute with the help of the Google TV store. If you’re a fan of Sling TV and living outside the US, then we are sure that you can also install and stream without any issues by following the above steps. If you face any issues during the installation process, share them in the comment section below.