Brave is the latest browser based on the open-source Chromium project. It is a privacy-centric browser that offers high security to users. One of the primary features is that the browser comes with an in-built ad-blocker that protects users from click bites and malware depending on the user’s preference. The Brave browser is faster when compared to all the other popular browsers. It ensures a better user experience with its faster loading time and doesn’t drain the device’s battery as other browsers do. Let’s discuss further how to enable Brave dark mode with a step-by-step process.
Methods to Enable Brave Dark Mode on PC (Windows, Mac)
The benefit of the Brave browser is that it is compatible with all the devices that users can think of. So let’s see how to enable the dark mode on the Brave browser on various devices, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Change Brave Browser’s Theme to Dark
The Brave browser has a built-in option to switch to a dark mode theme. By using that, the users will be able to change the complete browser interface to dark mode.
1. Open the Brave browser, and navigate to the three dots menu option available at the top-right corner of the screen.
2. From the drop-down menu, scroll down to the “Settings” option.
3. Go to the “Appearance” tab, which is available on the screen’s sidebar.
4. The user will be able to see the “Brave Colors” option with a drop-down option with choices like including Dark, Same as Window, and Light.
Dark Mode Using Brave Flags
The browser has an option to enable a dark theme using a force dark mode flag. By doing so, the user will be able to access all the sites with a dark or black theme. Here is how to do it.
1. Open the Brave browser, and type “brave://flags/#enable-force-dark” in the URL.
2. Now, the user will see the “Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents” flag will be highlighted in yellow.
3. Finally, click on the “Default” next to it, and the user has to simply change it to “Enabled.”
Enable Using System-Wide Dark theme
Here the user does not have to enable dark mode every time. Instead, Brave is set to follow the desktops theme automatically.
1. Navigate to the “Start” menu and scroll down to the settings option.
2. Go to the “Personalization” option available on the screen.
3. Now, the users will be able to select the colors from the available option such as Light, Dark, and Custom. From the list, click on the “Dark” option.
Enable Dark Mode on Mac
1. On the Mac device, the user can click on the “Apple Logo” available on the left side of the screen.
2. From the drop-down list, the user has to select the “System Preferences” option.
3. Now, click on the “General” option from the pop-up window.
4. The user will be able to select the “Dark” from the available option.
5. Alternatively, the user can select the Auto option to enable dark mode based on the system settings.
Using the Dark Mode Extension
The final choice for the users would be to utilize the dark mode extension available on the browser. It makes the switching process simple and can be done as required with just one click.
Open the Brave browser, and visit the Dark Mode Extention page in the browser.
Click on the “Add to Brave” option and select the “Add extension” when prompted.
When the extension is installed, the users can click the icon extension toolbar to enable and disable dark mode as required.
Methods to Enable Brave Dark Mode on Mobile (Android, iOS)
There can be users who prefer the Brave browser on their mobile devices. So let’s discuss the possible option to enable dark mode on the Mobile device irrespective of the operating system.
Change Brave to Dark Theme on Mobile
It offers the option to the users to change the browser’s theme independently, as both the Android and iOS versions have the dark mode option.
1. Open the Brave browser on the mobile device and navigate to the three dots available at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click on the “Settings” option and scroll down to the “Appearance” option under the “Display” section.
3. Now, the user can go to the “Themes” option and choose the “Dark” option from the list.
Using Device-Wide Dark Mode
Both the Android and iOS devices come with a built-in dark mode. These devices have an option to enable the desired theme as it would be applied throughout all the applications. First, enable dark mode on Android & iPhone, and then launch the brave browser to get the Dark Mode.
On Android Devices
The users will be able to use this option on devices running on Andriod 10 version and above.
1. On the Android device, navigate to the “Settings” option.
2. Go to the “Display” section from the list.
3. Turn on the “Dark” mode on the device by toggling the switch. Alternatively, the user has the option to turn on the dark mode automatically depending on the sunset or set timer.
On iOS Devices
1. Unlock the iPhone and navigate to the “Settings” option.
2. Click on the “Display & Brightness” option from the available option.
3. Now, from the list of options, the user will be able to choose the Dark mode under the appearance tab.
Experimental Night Mode in Brave Browser for Android Device
This option is available only for Android devices and has the ability to change all the web content to the dark mode, which is similar to the Brave flags option on the PC.
1. Open the Brave browser and click on the three dots menu option available at the bottom of the page.
2. Navigate to the “Settings” option and scroll down to the “Appearance” option under the “Display” section.
3. Now, the user will be able to enable the “Night Mode” option.
Brave has various unique in-built features, making it easy and risk-free. It is compatible with the majority of devices. The dark mode reduces the strain on the readers and looks more pleasing, and improves users’ experience.
There is no restriction for the users to use one specific search engine. However, if users prefer privacy and are against censorship, the Brave search would be the best option.
Some experts advise users to use the dark mode as it is easier and healthier for users who have maximum screen time. In addition, this helps to reduce eye strain.