- How to Cancel Discord Nitro Subscription
- How to Cancel Discord Nitro Payment
- Can’t Cancel Discord Nitro – Troubleshooting Tips
- What Will Happen When I Cancel Discord Nitro Subscription?
- Can I Get a Refund After Cancelling the Subscription?
- How to Submit a Refund Request
- Smartphone: Open the app → click on the Profile icon → Manage Subscription → click on Cancel → hit Cancel Subscription.
- Desktop & Website → Open the app or web version → click on the Settings icon → select Subscriptions → Your Subscription → Cancel → Continue →Confirm.
Discord Nitro is a premium subscription that unlocks various features like custom server profiles, nitro badge, join up to 200 servers, and many more features. The subscription cost for Discord Nitro and Nitro Classic is $9.99 and $4.99/month. Despite the cool features, most people find that Discord Nitro is not useful. If you’re one among them, you need to cancel the Discord Nitro subscription manually.
How to Cancel Discord Nitro Subscription
The methods to cancel the Discord subscription varies between your smartphone and the desktop.
1. Open the Discord app on your mobile.
2. Click on the Profile icon from the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. From the Nitro Settings, click on Manage Subscription.
4. On the next page, click on Cancel.
5. A menu will pop up asking for confirmation.
6. From that menu, click on Cancel Subscription and confirm the process.
Tip! Enable developer made on Discord to unlock various features like copying server id and more.
On Desktop App & Web Version
The web version and desktop app of Discord have a similar interface. So you can follow the same method on both versions to cancel the subscription.
1. Open the Discord app on your desktop or visit discord.com.
2. Click on the Settings icon from the bottom-left of the screen.
3. From the User Settings, select Subscriptions.
4. Under Your Subscriptions, click on the Cancel Button.
5. On the next page, click Continue to proceed with the process.
6. Hit Confirm and cancel the Discord Nitro Subscription completely.
How to Cancel Discord Nitro Payment
You cannot directly delete a payment on Discord Nitro. If that payment method is associated with the Discord subscription, you have to change the payment method before deleting it.
1. Open the Discord app on your device.
2. Click on the Settings icon and go to Billing → Subscriptions.
3. Hit the Edit button next to the payment you want to delete.
4. Scroll down and click on Delete Payment Method.
Can’t Cancel Discord Nitro – Troubleshooting Tips
If you cannot cancel the Discord Nitro subscription, try some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
- Restart Discord app – When you restart the Discord app, all the temporary and minor glitches will be removed.
- Clear Cache on Discord – If your app’s performance is slow, clear the cache to free up the storage space on the app.
- Restart your device – When Discord is unresponsive to the commands, restart your smartphone or desktop and fix the issue.
- Reload the page – Refresh your page and repeat the unsubscribing process.
- Contact the support center – If the issue persists, approach the support center.
What Will Happen When I Cancel Discord Nitro Subscription?
When you cancel the Discord Nitro, all the features associated with the subscription will end. You can no longer use the premium version when the billing period gets over. If you want to keep the Discord Nitro with you, you must renew your account before it expires.
Can I Get a Refund After Cancelling the Subscription?
It is usually said that you cannot get a refund for the Discord Nitro, but you can. As said in the Discord Nitro refund policy, you can get a one-time refund, particularly under certain purchase categories. If you have purchased Discord Nitro using your iOS device, you can request using the iOS App Store. If you have made any purchases with the Paysafecards, you will not get your money back.
On the other hand, if you want a refund on a server subscription or premium app purchases, you have to reach out to the support team within 5 days of the purchase being made.
How to Submit a Refund Request
To submit a refund request, you have to go to the support center of the Discord app. In the WHAT CAN WE HELP YOU WITH? category, choose BILLING, and enter the required details. You can also provide some screenshots for confirmation.