Instagram is one of the most popular social networking platforms in recent times. This application holds the third position in most used applications in the globe. It is used to share stories, images, videos and etc. Owned by Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook, and also Instagram, Facebook seems to have hassle-free access to casting photos and videos using Chromecast. But, at the same time, you cannot cast Instagram photos and videos to the TV using Chromecast. In this guide, let’s learn how to Chromecast Instagram images and videos from any smartphone.
Steps to Chromecast Instagram from Desktop/laptop
The requirements are Google Chromecast or Google Chromecast Ultra, Smartphone (Android/iPhone), an HDMI cable. Follow these steps to Chromecast Instagram images and videos via Chrome browser on the desktop.
1. Initially, make sure that your Google Chromecast device and desktop are connected to a secured Wi-Fi.
2. Open Chrome browser in your desktop/laptop.
3. In the Chrome browser, open the Instagram web application from its official website.
4. Login to your Instagram account.
5. After logging on, click the three-dots located in the top-right corner of the browser screen.
6. Click on Cast from the below options. It will make Chrome search nearby devices connected with the same Wi-Fi.
7. A small tab appears under the heading Cast tab, Click on Sources.
8. Select Cast tab, in order to cast the specific tab to TV.
9. The name of the Google Chromecast device will be displayed in the Cast tab. Click on to it in order to cast the device to the TV.
10. When all these steps are executed, the Instagram page will be displayed on your TV.
Now choose the images and videos to be displayed on the TV.
Steps to Chromecast Instagram by Screen-mirroring
It is an alternative approach to cast Instagram Images and videos to your big-screen TV using Chromecast. Since there is no Cast option on Instagram, we tend to do screen-mirroring.
The requirements are Google Chromecast or Google Chromecast Ultra, Smartphone (Android/iPhone), HDMI port cable, and Google Home application.
1. First and foremost, connect the Chromecast device with TV using HDMI port.
2. Open the Google Home application in your Smartphone (Android/iPhone).
3. Make sure that your Smartphone and Chromecast devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi. It enables all the supporting device from your TV like Chromecast, Firestick, Google Nest, and Google Home to manage and control home appliances.
4. Tap on the Chromecast device to which you want to mirror in big screen.
5. Tap on Cast my screen –> Cast screen. Now, your mobile screen will be mirrored on the big screen.
5. Open the Instagram application, view the images and videos that you need to cast to the TV.
This way you can also cast Instagram stories and live to TV uisng Chromecast.
These are the possible ways by which you can cast Instagram photos and videos to a TV. If you have faced any issues while connecting Chromecast and Google Home or if you have any other issues, make use of the comment section. Follow our Facebook and Twitter pages for more related articles.