- Install CTV: Launch App Store → Search for CTV app → Select the app → Tap the Get button.
- Activate CTV: Open the app → Note down the activation code → visit the activation site link → Enter the code → Choose TV provider → Sign in to your account.
CTV is Canada’s most-watched network with leading channels. You can catch up the top-rated shows, classic TV shows, short-form series, comedies, etc. To watch all those content on your Apple TV, you can install the CTV app from the App Store and sign in with your cable TV provider.
In addition, you can also Live stream channels like CTV, CTV2, CTV Comedy Channel, CTV Throwback, CTV Movies, CTV Drama Channel, CTV Sci-Fi Channel, CTV Life Channel, Discovery, Animal Planet, Discovery Science, Discovery Velocity, Investigation Discovery, E!, and MTV.
How to Install and Activate CTV on Apple TV
CTV app is downloadable on the 4th generation and higher models of Apple TV.
. Connect the Apple TV to the HDMI port of your TV.
. Turn on both devices and choose the proper input source on your TV.
 After that, connect the Apple TV to a WiFi network connection.
. Open App Store from the home screen and tap the Search icon at the top right corner.
. Type and search for the CTV app using the on-screen virtual keyboard.
. From the search result, choose the CTV app.
. Tap the Get button to download the app on your TV.
. Click on the Sign In option and get the activation code on your Apple TV screen. Make a note of it.
. Visit the CTV Activation Page [https://ctv.ca/activate] on your web or mobile browser.
. Choose your TV provider and enter the necessary login credentials.
. After signing in, enter the activation code and tap on the SUBMIT button.
. Once done, return to your Apple TV and start streaming the content on the CTV app.
Supported TV Providers of CTV
- Bell Aliant
- Bell MTS
- Northern Tel
- Access Communications
- Brooke Telecom
- Bruce Telecom
- Cable Cable
- WTC Communications
- Hay Communications
- Cable TV
- Employee/ Guest Access
- NRTC Communications
- Source Cable
- Tek Savvy
Troubleshooting CTV Not Working on Apple TV
You can follow the troubleshooting methods if the CTV app is not working on your Apple TV.
- Make sure that your Apple TV is connected to a steady internet connection. If the internet connection is too slow, you will have buffering issues while streaming CTV.
- Restart your Apple TV. It will remove all the temporary glitches on the app and the device.
- Update the CTV app by navigating to Settings → Apps → Turn on Automatic Updates.
- Update your Apple TV and keep the device firmware up to date. The outdated firmware will possess certain errors while streaming.
- If the issue is not fixed after updating the firmware, uninstall the app and reinstall it.
Frequently Asked Questions
The CTV app is free to download from the App store on your Apple TV. However, TV Service provider Sign-In is required to access the content.