DIRECTV is a reliable TV provider with various channels including AMC, ESPN, CNN, Disney, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, Nick, Comedy Central, and more. With DIRECTV, you can watch instant Live & Recorded TV shows and movies on any compatible devices. It includes Amazon’s Firestick streaming device. By downloading the DIRECTV app from the Amazon Store, you can watch all the Live TV channels on Firestick effortlessly.
Before installing the app on Amazon Firestick, you have to subscribe to any one of the below-mentioned subscription packages:
- DIRECTV Entertainment (160+ channels at $64.99/month)
- DIRECTV Choice (185+ channels at $68.99/month)
- DIRECTV Ultimate (250+ channels at $84.99/month)
- DIRECTV Premier (330+ channels at $134.99/month)
How to Install DIRECTV on Firestick
1) Turn on your Amazon Firestick and connect it to the internet network.
2) On the Firestick home screen, hover to the top-left corner and click on the Search icon.
3) Search for DIRECTV and select the app from the list of search results.
4) On the app information screen, click on the Get or Download icon.
5) The app will be downloaded and installed on your Firestick.
6) Open and choose the sign-in option.
7) Enter your existing DIRECTV provider account credentials and access the Live TV contents on the app. If you don’t have an account, then get a new one.
Alternative Way – Sideload DIRECTV on Firestick
Sometimes you may not find the DIRECTV app on Amazon App Store due to geo-restrictions. In those cases, you can access the sideload method to get DIRECTV on Firestick. Downloader is one of the best options to install third-party applications on your Firestick.
Despite sideloading the app, you need valid DIRECTV provider details and a VPN to watch the contents.
First of all, you need to enable Apps from Unknown Sources to sideload a third-party app on your Firestick (Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources > click Turn ON).
1) Get back to the Firestick home screen, and make sure it was connected to an internet network.
2) Launch the Downloader app on your Firestick.
3) On the URL field, type http://bit.ly/2mlViBC and then click Go. The DIRECTV apk file will download on your Firestick.
4) After downloading the apk file, the installation tab will open automatically. Choose the Next option.
6) On the next screen, click Install.
6) Once installed, click Open to launch the DIRECTV app.
7) Sign in with your DIRECTV account credentials.
You can also sideload apps using ES File Explorer. But, you have to unlock the premium version of ES File Explorer to download a third-party app.