- How to Get Discovery Plus on Google TV
- How to Activate Discovery Plus on Google TV
- Alternative Method to Get Discovery+ on Google TV
- How to Chromecast Discovery Plus on Google TV
- Discovery Plus: Subscription Plans
- How to Fix Discovery+ Not Working on Google TV
- Get Discovery Plus on Google TV: Go to Apps → Search Discovery+ → Install → Activate / Login → Stream.
The Discovery Plus app is one of the much-needed apps for users like Explorer, where they can find new things about Food, Relationships, Travel, Home, and more. You can easily install Discovery Plus directly on Google TV or Chromecast with Google TV without the hassle and need to activate it to stream the content. If you are a new subscriber, we suggest you start with the free trial, which lets you explore the content and service for 7-days. Apart from the lifestyle and documentary content on Discovery+, the platform covers the reality shows and originals of popular networks, like CNN, Lifetime, History, HGTV, The DoDo, Animal Planet, Food Network, and more.
How to Get Discovery Plus on Google TV
1. Switch on your Google TV and connect it to the internet connection. If you have Chromecast with Google TV, connect it to your Smart TV and turn it on.
2. Navigate to the Apps section.
3. Click the Search option and type Discovery Plus using the on-screen keyboard. You can also use Google Assistant to search and install apps.
4. Choose the Discovery Plus app from the list of apps shown.
5. Select the Install button to get the app.
6. After installing, click Open to launch and sign in to the account details.
7. The Discovery+ is installed successfully and you can start watching your favorite shows on your Google TV.
How to Activate Discovery Plus on Google TV
After installing, you must activate Discovery+ to stream the content. You can activate the app in two different ways using the activation code or by logging in.
Using Activation Code
1. Open the Discovery+ app on your Google TV.
2. You can see the 6-digit code on the TV screen.
3. Visit the Discovery+ activation page on the smartphone or desktop browser.
4. Login to your Discovery Plus account if needed and type the 6-digit code.
5. Tap Submit and the screen refreshes on your Google TV.
Using Login Credentials
1. When you launch the app, tap the Down arrow button on the Google TV remote.
2. Click Log in with username and password.
Note: If you don’t see the option, select Welcome → Settings → Log In.
3. Enter the login credentials using the on-screen keyboard and select Sign In.
4. Once signed in, you can access the Discovery+ app on your Google TV.
Alternative Method to Get Discovery+ on Google TV
If you can’t install Discovery+ directly, you can sideload the app on Google TV using the Downloader.
1. First, get the Downloader app on your Google TV.
2. Enable the Install Unknown Apps for Downloader to sideload on Google TV.
Settings → Apps → Security & Restrictions → Unknown Sources → Select Downloader → Turn ON.
3. Launch Downloader and navigate to the Home section.
4. Enter the Discovery+ APK URL and select Go to initiate the download.
5. After downloading, select Install.
6. Once the app gets installed, open it and stream your favorite shows.
How to Chromecast Discovery Plus on Google TV
1. Connect your Google TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Discovery+ app on your smartphone. Android users get the app from the Google Play Store and iPhone users from the App Store.
3. Once installed, log in to your Discovery+ account using the credentials.
4. Tap the Cast icon at the top right.
5. The screen will search for the device and it will list them. Choose your Google TV from the list.
6. Select the video from the app and play it. The video will start streaming on your Google TV screen.
Discovery Plus: Subscription Plans
To watch reality shows and documentaries, you need to have any of the premium plans mentioned below. Fortunately, you will get a free trial on Discovery+ to test the service and explore the content for 7-days.
|PLANS||PRICING PER MONTH|
|Discovery+ (With Ads)||$4.99|
|Discovery+ (Ad Free)||$6.99|
You can quit your Discovery Plus subscription anytime if you are unsatisfied with the platform or content.
How to Fix Discovery+ Not Working on Google TV
If you find the Discovery Plus app isn’t working fine on TV, it might be due to certain technical glitches, like the slow internet speed, black screen, etc., Luckily, you can follow the below troubleshooting methods to fix the streaming issues.
1. If you Chromecast Discovery+ check whether the Google TV and your smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network.
2. When the internet speed is below the recommended speed (0.5 Mbps), you might not be able to stream efficiently. Restart the router to fix the issue related to the internet speed.
3. If you can’t able to stream the content on the app, check whether the subscription has ended.
4. Close and restart the Discovery+ app if it works slowly.
5. Uninstall and reinstall the Discovery Plus application, if it crashes frequently on your device.
6. Reboot your Google TV if the app crashes even after reinstalling it.
7. Upgrade Google TV to the latest firmware, if the device isn’t compatible with the app’s version.
8. Similarly, update Chromecast with Google TV firmware to fix the compatibility issues.
9. If nothing resolves, try resetting your Google TV to the factory settings. You can set up Google TV and install Discovery+ from the beginning.
10. Finally, contact Discovery+ support if you can’t stream the content on this streaming device.
You can get Discovery+ as a channel on Amazon Prime Video by subscribing at $4.99/month. In addition, you will get a 7-day free trial on Discovery+.
Discovery Plus lets users create 5 profiles for a single account. You can set the Profile image and name for each to access it easily.