HBO Max is a newly-launched streaming service by HBO, which bundles plenty of movies, TV series, and originals. Unlike Netflix and Amazon Prime, the service is available for users residing in the United States and its territories. Moreover, the service is not available for various platforms, including Firestick, Roku, Smart TV, and more. The following section will explain the procedure to stream HBO Max on VIZIO Smart TV.
As Vizio Smartcast TVs have built-in support to receive content via Google Play or Airplay 2, one can cast the HBO Max contents to Vizio TV right from their smartphone (Android or iPhone). The following methods are only applicable for VIZIO TVs released in 2016 & later.
Watch HBO Max on VIZIO Smart TV using Airplay 2
By default, VIZIO Smartcast TVs support receiving media content from iPhone or iPad via Airplay 2. Hence, you can access that technology to stream HBO Max.
- Make sure to connect the VIZIO TV and iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi.
- Download the HBO Max app on your iOS device.
- After installation, launch the app and sign up for your HBO Max Account. If you already have one, then login to your account.
- Search and play a movie or TV show you would like to watch.
- Tap the AirPlay icon that you can view on the media player.
- Select VIZIO TV from the available devices. Now, HBO Max will stream on your TV.
Watch HBO Max on VIZIO Smart TV using Google Cast
- Connect your Android Phone or iPhone and Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
- Download HBO Max on your Android or iPhone.
- Log in to your HBO Max account.
- Tap the Cast icon that you can find on the top corner.
- Select your VIZIO TV.
- Choose and play a movie that you want.
- It will stream on the VIZIO TV.
As it was a newly launched streaming service, we can expect the developer of HBO Max to roll out support for VIZIO TV and other unsupported platforms very soon. We will update you once the official support was released for Smart TV platforms. Until then, you can rely on the above-mentioned methods to watch HBO Max on VIZIO TV.