- Android/iPhone: TikTok app → Profile icon → Settings & Privacy → App Language → Choose the language → Tap Done.
- Web-version: Visit tiktok.com → Login to your account → Profile icon → Choose English → Select the language you want.
TikTok is one of the well-known social media platforms that allow you to create, share, and discover short videos. People from different countries are using this platform to express their talent. By default, the TikTok app comes with English as the display language. However, it offers different languages for the users. Hence, you can change the display language on the TikTok app whenever you want.
How to Change the Display Language in TikTok App [iPhone & Android]
1. First, launch the TikTok app on your preferred device.
2. Tap on your profile icon at the bottom right corner of the app.
3. Under the Settings & Privacy option, hit the App Language from the available options.
4. Choose your preferred language and hit the Done button.
5. Finally, the language of the Tiktok app will automatically change.
How to Change the Display Language in TikTok Web Version
1. Open a browser on your PC or desktop and visit https://www.tiktok.com.
2. Tap the Login button and sign in to your account.
3. After signing in, tap on your profile icon and choose the English option.
4. Select the language, and it will reflect on the web version immediately.
Is it Possible to Change the Video Language on TikTok?
No. You can only change the display language on the TikTok app. You can’t change the language of the video that appeared on the timeline. If you want to upload a video on TikTok with a description in other languages, you need to change the keyboard language. You also use third-party keyboard apps on your Android or iPhone.
How to Change Your Language in Chinese TikTok
Generally, the TikTok app is available in two versions.
- Douyin (Chinese verion)
- TikTok (International version)
By default, the Chinese version of Douyin is configured with the Chinese language. You can’t change the language on the Douyin. If you want to use TikTok with a different app language, then you need to download the international version.
Frequently Asked Questions
To change the username in Tiktok, launch the TikTok app → go to the profile page → tap on Edit Profile → enter your new username → save the changes.
Yes. You can change the region/location on the TikTok app by using the VPN.
The best way to secure your account and its data is by changing the TikTok password with a strong one mixed with uppercase & lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.