- Change Birthday on Snapchat: Open Snapchat → tap the Profile icon → hit Settings → click My Account → choose Birthday → change the birthday → save the changes.
According to the terms and conditions of Snapchat, only people above 13 can use the Snapchat app. So you need to enter your birthday while signing up for a user account. If you have entered the wrong date, you can change it later from the account settings. However, Snapchat lets you change your birthday only once. So make sure to configure the correct birth date on your account.
How to Change Your Birthday on Snapchat
Before changing the birth date, update the Snapchat app to enjoy the latest security features and filters.
1. First, launch the Snapchat app on your preferred device.
2. Tap the Profile icon at the top left corner of the screen.
3. Now, choose the Settings icon that resembles a gear icon on the right side.
4. Under the My Account tab, choose the Birthday option.
5. Tap on the birth date that you have configured currently.
6. Choose your new birthday and save the changes.
How to Hide Your Birthday on Snapchat
Snapchat offers an interesting feature called Birthday Party. By enabling this, your friends will be notified with a notification on your birthday. Also, a cake icon will appear next to your Snapchat username. If you have turned off this, your birthday will be hidden from your friends.
1. Launch the app and ensure that you’re logged in.
2. Tap the Bitmoji icon on the left side to access your profile.
3. Choose the Gear icon in the top right corner to enter the Settings page.
4. Under the My Account section, hit the Birthday option.
5. Finally, turn off the Birthday Party feature by tapping on the toggle next to it.
Why Can’t I Change My Birthday on Snapchat?
As we mentioned earlier, you can change your birthday only once. If you have changed it earlier, you will be blocked from modifying it again. If you haven’t changed it earlier, clear the Snapchat cache and then try to change it.
Tips! Change your Snapchat account password regularly to secure your account and its data.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Snapchat doesn’t show your age but will display a cake emoji beside your name on your birthday.
Yes. You can turn off your birthday notification on Snapchat by turning off the Birthday Party feature.
Yes. Snapchat offers a birthday countdown for its users.