Are you wondering how to delete your Venmo account permanently? Well, you can do this simply by using a web browser.
Venmo is a peer-to-peer payment app that helps to make online transactions easily. It uses an end-to-end encryption protocol to secure the users’ personal information and financial data. However, if you have lost the phone you are using for Venmo or suspect that someone else is using your account, immediately delete your Venmo account. You can also delete the account when you want to try a payment service.
How to Delete Your Venmo Account Permanently Using Web Browser
1. Visit the Venmo official page on your Android, iPhone, Windows, or Mac browser. Login to your Venmo account by entering the necessary email address/mobile number/username and password associated with your account.
2. First, you have to ensure that all the transactions are completed. Click the Incomplete tab on the home screen and complete the transaction.
3. Now, select the Transfer Money option to transfer the Venmo account funds to your bank account.
Note – If you have funds remaining in the Venmo account at the time of deletion, you can’t get them back after deletion.
4. Now, click the Settings menu at the top of the page.
5. Scroll down to choose the Close my Venmo Account option.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Next to confirm the account deletion.
8. Finally, click Close Account to complete the process.
You will receive a confirmation message to the associated email address regarding the account deletion.
How to Close or Delete a Venmo Business Account
By deleting the Venmo personal account, the associated business profile will be deleted automatically. You can close your business account alone by contacting the customer team of Venmo. Visit the link > fill out the form for account deletion > submit the request -> the support team will respond to your ticket with the account deletion process.
Before that, you need to consider a few things:
- The deleted business account can’t be reactivated.
- You can’t create another business account with the same personal account.
- You can’t make a business account representing the same business entity.
Related – How to delete Cash app account
Frequently Asked Questions
You can’t delete the Venmo account on the mobile apps. Instead, use a web browser and follow the steps mentioned above to delete your account.
There is no direct way to delete the account that was frozen. Instead, contact the support team of Venmo to unlock the frozen account and then follow the deletion process.
Venmo doesn’t provide any option to remove or delete the profile picture. However, you can change the profile picture to a new one. Go to your profile and tap the pencil icon at the top right corner to change the picture.
You can’t delete the account without logging into your account. In case of a forgotten password, use the Forgot your password? link in the login screen to recover your account and delete your account from the account settings.