There was a famous saying, “There’s no place for truth on the internet.” Some profiles on social media known for their controversies and plagiarised content. If you find such content on YouTube, you can report the YouTube channel or its user. You can rely on YouTube built-in algorithms for copyrighted content all the time. Sometimes, you need to do things all by yourself.
For some reason, the reporting feature on YouTube is only available on the website. You can’t report a channel from your smartphone app. You need to have a computer or laptop to report a YouTube channel.
What happens when you Report a YouTube Channel?
When you report a channel, it won’t be removed from YouTube straight away. The reported content will be reviewed by YouTube’s Community Guidelines and Age-Restriction. If the reported content violates the Community Guidelines, it will be removed from YouTube. If it is inappropriate for younger audiences, it may be age-restricted.
How to Report YouTube Channel
(1) On your PC, go to the YouTube website.
(2) Sign in with your account if asked.
(3) Go to the channel that you want to report.
(4) Click the About tab on the screen.
(5) On the About section, the channel’s description, statistics, external links will appear. Scroll down a little, you will find a Flag shaped icon.
(6) Click on the Flag icon. You will get four options. Block user, Report channel art, Report profile picture, Report user.
- Block users will block the specific channel from your YouTube profile.
- Report channel art will make a report request for the contents of the channel.
- The report profile picture will make a report request for the profile picture used in the channel.
- The report user will make a report request for the channel owner.
(7) Choose the appropriate one.
(8) If you choose the Report user option, you need to have a YouTube channel on your own and need to specify the reason. For the rest two report options, it will ask for confirmation.
(10) Fill out the respective forms and click the Report button.
Note: All the report requests are made anonymously. No user data is submitted in the report request.
These are the steps that you need to follow when reporting a YouTube channel. Making unnecessary report will harm your own YouTube account. So, report a YouTube channel only when it is necessary.