- Android: Pinterest App → Account icon → Three-dotted icon → Settings → Account Management → App Theme → Dark.
- iPhone: Device Settings → Display & Brightness → Appearance → Dark → Open Pinterest app.
- Unfortunately, the Pinterest desktop version doesn’t have a dark mode. So you need to use dark mode extensions.
Pinterest is an application to share creative and innovative ideas with people worldwide. Pinterest is one of the social media apps which supports enabling the dark mode. With that, you can change the background of the Pinterest app from the usual light theme to a dark theme. However, only the Android version of Pinterest has the built-in dark mode setting. On iPhone, you need to change the device theme settings.
How to Enable Pinterest Dark Mode on Android
(1) Open the Pinterest app on your Android smartphone.
(2) Tap the Profile icon at the bottom of the screen.
(3) On the Profile Page, click the three-dotted icon.
(4) Choose the Settings option.
(5) Click Account management on the Settings page.
(6) Now, tap on the App theme option.
(7) Choose the Dark option. The Pinterest app will work on the dark theme.
(7) To revert, click on the Light option.
- Open the Pinterest app and configure it to follow the device theme (Account icon → Three-dotted icon → Settings → Account Management → App Theme → System default).
- Now, enable system-wide dark mode on your Android smartphone.
- Open the Pinterest app to use it with the dark theme.
How to Enable Pinterest Dark Mode on iPhone
Unlike Android, the Pinterest iOS app has no built-in dark mode setting. You must activate the dark theme on your iOS settings to get the dark mode.
(2) Choose Display & Brightness option on the Settings menu.
(3) Choose the Dark theme under the Appearance section.
(4) Now, open the Pinterest app, it will be on Dark Theme.
(5) To turn off the dark mode, head to the Settings page and change the device’s appearance to the light theme.
You can also enable the dark mode from the Control Centre. For that, you need to add the dark mode toggle to the Control Centre (Settings → Control Centre → Dark Mode → green colored + icon).
How to Enable Dark Mode on Pinterest [Desktop]
There is no Dark Mode option on the web version. If you desperately need dark background on the Pinterest web version, install any of the dark mode extensions for your browser.
(1) Download and install the Google Chrome browser on your desktop or laptop.
(2) After installing the browser, sign in with your Google account.
(3) Download the Night Eye extension for your browser.
(4) Visit the Pinterest website and sign in to your account.
(5) Click the extension and select Turn On.
(6) The site will be reloaded automatically to change the theme to dark mode.
Night Eye extension is also available for the Firefox browser.
Other extensions to enable dark mode on the Pinterest web version:
- Dark Reader
- Turn Off the Lights
- Midnight Lizard
- Lunar Reader
Frequently Asked Questions
Using the outdated version of Pinterest is the only reason behind this issue. So head to the App Store or Google Play Store on your device and update the Pinterest app to fix this issue.