Pinterest is one of the popular social media apps that is available all over the world. It is the birthplace of creative and innovative ideas. In the app, you can post your own idea or find new ideas. Pinterest is one of the fewest social media platforms that have more female users than male users. Stats apart, the recent sensation in Apps & Tech industry is the Dark Mode. You can easily enable Dark mode on the Pinterest app.
Dark theme on Pinterest in one of the strangest things. The mode is available on the Android app but not on the iOS app. But the iOS app will go with the phone’s built-in dark mode, like Instagram.
How to Make Pinterest Dark Mode in Android App
(1) Open the Pinterest app on your Android smartphone.
(2) Tap the Profile icon on the bottom of the screen.
(3) On the Profile Page, click the three-dotted icon.
(4) Then, choose the Settings option.
(5) Click the Account management on the Setting Page.
(6) Now, tap on the App theme option.
(7) Choose the Dark option. The Pinterest app will work on the dark theme.
(7) To revert back, click on the Light option.
Pinterest Dark Mode on iOS smartphones
The Pinterest iOS app has no built-in Dark Theme. You need to activate the dark theme on your iOS settings to get the Dark Mode.
(2) Choose Display & Brightness option on the Settings menu.
(3) Choose the Dark mode on the next screen.
(4) Now, open the Pinterest app, it will be on Dark Theme.
(5) To revert back, choose the Light mode.
You can also enable the Dark Mode on your Control Centre too.
Learn more on How to enable Dark mode on iPhone here.
How to Make Pinterest Dark Mode on PCs
There is no Dark Mode option on the Pinterest website too. If you desperately need Dark Mode for Pinterest on your computer or laptop, install any of the Dark Mode extensions for your browser.
(1) Download and install the Google Chrome browser on your desktop or laptop.
(2) After installing the browser, sign in with your Google account.
(3) Download the Night Eye extension for your browser.
(4) Visit the Pinterest website and sign in to your account.
(5) Click the extension and select Turn On.
(6) Now, the site will be reloaded automatically to change the theme to dark mode.
Night Eye extension is also available for the Firefox browser. Download it from here. Activate dark mode on your smartphone and reduce the eye strain as much as possible. Like you, we are also waiting for the built-in Dark Theme on iOS Pinterest app. Until then, use your iPhone or iPad’s built-in Dark Theme. If you know any other ways to enable dark theme on Pinterest, tell us in the comments section below. Stay connected with us on Twitter and Facebook for more updates.
On the Android app, you can turn on the dark theme in the Pinterest settings menu.
Yes, Pinterest dark mode is officially available for the Android smartphone app. For iOS and PC, you have to use the alternate way.