Xfinity Stream is an online streaming app that can offer live TV and on-demand videos. It was owned by Comcast. By spending $65 per month, you can get to stream live TV, on-demand videos, and popular movies & TV shows on your smart device. If you are an Amazon Firestick user, you can install the Xfinity Stream app on your Firestick and enjoy all the Xfinity Stream privileges on your TV.
Xfinity Stream App on Firestick
To install apps on your Firestick, Amazon has its own app store called Amazon App Store. You can install all the apps that are available on the Amazon App Store. If you want to install the Xfinity app on your Firestick, follow the below instruction.
How to Download and Install Xfinity Stream App on Firestick?
Quick Guide: Click the Search icon under the Find menu –> Search for Xfinity app –> Select the Xfinity app and click the Get button.
By following the below method, you can download Xfinity Stream on Amazon Fire Stick:
(1) Tap the Search icon on the Firestick Home screen. For new Fire TV versions, click the Search icon under the Find menu.
(2) Type Xfinity Stream using the on-screen keyboard and search for it.
(3) Choose the Xfinity Stream app on the searched results.
(4) Click the Get icon to download the Xfinity app.
(5) The app will start to download. When the Xfinity app is downloaded, click the Open button to run the app.
If you can’t download the app on your Firestick, it may be due to the geo-restrictions imposed by the app. In case you face this issue, you can sideload the app on your Firestick using any third-party installers.
Note – If you want ES File Explorer for sideloading apps, you need to unlock the premium version.
The Downloader app is available on the Amazon App Store. Install the app by using the same steps that you have used to download the Xfinity Stream.
If you want to bypass the geo-restrictions of Xfinity Stream, use any VPN on Firestick and set your location to the USA.
If you are not able to download the Xfinity app from the official app store, then try installing it as a third-party app.
Configuring Firestick | Apps from Unknown Sources
In order to download and install apps using third-party apps, you need to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources. If you didn’t turn on this feature, you can’t install any apps from third-party apps. If you don’t know how to turn on this feature, follow the below steps.
(1) Tap the Settings icon on the Firestick Home Screen.
(2) Click on the option My Fire TV or Devices option.
(3) Choose the Developer Options.
(4) Under Developer Options, tap Apps from Unknown Sources to turn it on. For new Fire OS, click the Install Unknown Apps.
(5) Choose Turn On in the next pop-up shown. It will be turned on. For new Fire OS, select the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
How to Put Xfinity Stream App on Firestick using Downloader app
You can try downloading the Xfinity Stream app on Firestick using the Downloader app as well. Follow the below steps to download the app:
(1) Open the Downloader app on your Firestick. Click Allow when a pop-up appears.
(2) Click the Home button to get the search bar.
(3) In the search bar, type the Xfinity Stream URL and click the Go button. Scroll down the page and then hit the Download button to get the Xfinity Stream apk file.
(4) The app will start to download. When the app is downloaded, click the Install button to install the app.
(5) After the installation is complete, click Done.
(6) On the next pop-up, click Delete to delete the apk file. Once the app is installed, there is no need to keep the apk file.
(7) Click Delete again to confirm. The apk will be deleted.
How to Use Xfinity Stream on Firestick?
Now, you have successfully installed the Xfinity app on your Firestick. If you want to know how to use the app, read the below steps.
(1) The installed app will be available on the Your Apps & Channels menu.
(2) Open the app from the Your Apps & Channels menu. You will get the below screen.
(3) Click Get Started button.
(4) Enter your login credentials and click Sign In.
(5) You will get the live TV channels, movies, and TV shows that are available on the Xfinity Stream app. Play any video and enjoy streaming.
Xfinity Stream is the best app to have on your Firestick if you are a fan of cord-cutters. Install the app by using the above instruction and stream live TV channels, movies, and TV shows on your TV.
How to Screen Mirror Xfinity Stream on Firestick
(1) Go to Firestick settings and enable the Screen mirroring mode on Firestick.
(2) On your smartphone, install the Xfinity Stream from the Play Store.
(3) Connect your smartphone and Fire TV to the same WiFi connection.
(4) Then, open the Xfinity Stream app on your Android smartphone.
(5) Sign in with your account and play any video content.
(6) While playing the video content, go to Notification Centre and tap the Cast icon.
(7) On the list of devices, choose your Fire TV Stick.
(8) After that, the video from the Xfinity Stream app will appear on your Fire TV screen.
Xfinity Stream Not Working on Firestick
Recently, the Xfinity Stream app launched a beta version of the Xfinity Stream app. While using the app, the chances are higher that you will get a bug or long-standing issue. If you have any errors while using the Xfinity Stream beta version, uninstall the app. Then, install the stable version available in the Amazon App Store. In the beta version, there is no definite solution.
If you have any streaming issues, like buffering, video stops at a specific time, unable to open the video titles, and so on. The best method to solve the issues is to restart the Firestick.
Yes, you can install the Xfinity Stream on your Fire TV from the Amazon App Store
You can stream simultaneously on five devices at a time.