If you want to watch or stream videos, you can’t find a better app other than YouTube. It is the most influential app in the world. All the teasers and trailers of the movies are aired primarily on YouTube as the app is having a huge audience. In Android smartphones, YouTube is one of the in-built apps. But on Amazon Firestick, YouTube is not an in-built app you need to install the app manually. Firestick, being a streaming device, Youtube is one of the must-have apps. You can easily install Youtube on Firestick by following the below steps.
How to install YouTube on Firestick?
(1) On the Home Screen of Firestick, click the Search icon on the top left corner of the screen.
(2) Using the on-screen keyboard, type youtube and search for it.
(3) In the search results, click on the YouTube app.
(4) On the next screen, click on Get icon to download the app.
(5) Wait for the download to complete.
(6) When the download is complete, click on Open to launch the app.
How to activate YouTube on Firestick?
After installing the YouTube app on Amazon Firestick, you need to activate the app. You can’t use the YouTube app without activating it on your Firestick.
(1) On opening the app, the following screen will be displayed.
(2) Click SIGN IN to get activate code. Your activation code will appear on the screen.
(3) Now, in your smartphone or PC, go the link youtube.com/activate.
(4) Enter the activation code and click Next.
(5) Sign in when the pop-up comes.
After the sign-in, you can access the YouTube app on your Amazon Firestick.
YouTube not available on Firestick
YouTube was not available on the Fire TV stick for more than a year due to a spat between Google and Amazon. After a year or so, both companies agreed on some common grounds. On 18th April 2019, Google agreed to add the YouTube app on the Amazon App Store. For return, Amazon Prime Video app supports Chromecast. So, for some business reasons, YouTube is not available on the Amazon App Store and it has been sorted out. What if the quarrel between Google and Amazon occur again. You may no longer have access to YouTube. If the YouTube app is no longer available on Firestick, you can use another method to access YouTube.
Alternative Method: Using Silk browser
Apart from the app, you can access YouTube with a browser. Amazon Firestick comes with an in-built web browser, Silk Browser. You can use the browser to watch YouTube videos on your Firestick with the help of the Silk Browser.
(1) Open the Silk browser on your Amazon Firestick.
(2) In the Search bar, type YouTube’s URL youtube.com and click the Go button.
(3) You will get YouTube’s homepage. Click on any video to watch.
Silk Browser is the default browser available on the Amazon Firestick if you want you can install any other browser you want. Mozilla Firefox, DuckDuckGo, Google Search, Opera Mini, Ocean Browser are some of the web browsers which are available on the Amazon App Store.
YouTube is the most entertaining and most informative app. You can get any type of video from YouTube as it contains a countless number of videos. By installing Youtube on Firestick, you can watch all your favourite movies and videos on the app. This app will be the best app on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.