- Installation: Get the BBC iPlayer app from the Content Store on your LG Smart TV.
- Activation: Visit account.bbc.com/account/tv to activate BBC iPlayer on LG TV.
In this guide, we have described the steps for installing and activating BBC iPlayer on LG Smart TV. In addition, we have explained the troubleshooting methods if BBC iPlayer doesn’t work on webOS TV.
How to Get BBC iPlayer on LG Smart TV
1. Turn on your LG Smart TV and connect it to the WiFi network.
2. Press Home on your LG TV remote to launch the home screen.
3. Click Apps or LG Content Store on the home screen and select Search.
4. Search for BBC iPlayer, select the app, and click Install.
5. Once installed, click Launch to run the app.
Activate BBC iPlayer on LG Smart TV
1. Run BBC iPlayer on your Smart TV and click Sign in. An activation code will appear on the TV screen.
2. Visit account.bbc.com/account/tv on your PC or smartphone browser.
3. Enter the code and click Sign in on your TV.
4. Input the necessary credentials to sign in to your BBC iPlayer account.
5. Once logged in, play the desired TV show and watch it on your LG TV.
How to Stream BBC iPlayer on LG TV Using Web Browser
1. Turn on your LG TV and ensure it is connected to the internet.
2. Hit the Web Browser tile placed at the bottom of the screen.
3. Enter bbc.co.uk/iplayer in the address bar and visit the website.
4. Click Sign In on the home screen of BBC iPlayer.
5. Sign in to the BBC iPlayer account, play any TV show, and start streaming.
Cast or AirPlay BBC iPlayer on LG TV
If you don’t like to access the web version, you can Cast or AirPlay BBC iPlayer from your phone to the TV. To begin with, connect your LG TV and phone to the same WiFi. If you haven’t installed the BBC iPlayer app on your smartphone, get it from the Play Store or App Store.
For casting, check if your LG TV has Chromecast built-in. If not, plug a Chromecast dongle into the TV and set it up. For AirPlay streaming, you need to enable AirPlay on your LG TV.
Launch the BBC iPlayer app on your smartphone. Play any media you want and click the Cast or AirPlay icon. Select your LG TV to stream the selected content.
BBC iPlayer Not Working on LG Smart TV? Here’s What to Do
If the BBC iPlayer app isn’t working on your TV, follow these solutions to fix the issue.
- Check whether the internet connection is stable. If not, reboot the router/modem.
- Restart the LG Smart TV to fix the technical bugs in the device.
- Uninstall and install the BBC iPlayer app on your webOS TV.
- Disable the VPN connection and check whether the BBC iPlayer app works fine.
- Update the LG Smart TV and the app to the newer version.
- Clear the cache on LG TV to eliminate the corrupted cache files in the app.
- Contact BBC iPlayer Support and follow their instructions to rectify the problem.
BBC iPlayer is not accessible outside the UK. However, you can use NordVPN to unblock geo-restrictions imposed on your region.
No. BBC iPlayer is only compatible with LG TVs running webOS 3.5 and up.