- Using Chrome Browser: Launch Chrome → Cast → Cast Desktop → Share → Cast Firefox.
- Android: Launch Firefox → Cast → Connect Chromecast
- iPhone: You can use third-party apps like Replica to cast the Firefox browser on the TV.
Google Chromecast is one of the best built-in features to cast content from your Android smartphone and PC. In addition, certain streaming and utility apps support the Chromecast feature. If you are using Firefox as a default browser on your device, and you like to Chromecast it to your smart TV, you can screen it easily either using the Cast feature or third-party apps or plugins.
How to Chromecast Firefox Browser Using Extension/Addon
1. Install the Firefox browser on your Windows PC and connect Chromecast to your TV.
2. Connect your Chromecast to the WiFi network to which your PC/laptop is connected.
3. Visit this Github page to add the fx_cast plugin to your Firefox browser. The extension will bring a cast icon to Chromecast on your Firefox browser.
4. Click the Firefox extension to download it.
5. After downloading, click Continue to Installation on the warning prompt.
6. Click Add to allow all the necessary permissions.
7. After adding the extension, you can find a Cast icon on the menu bar.
8. Browser the web page you want and right-click anywhere on the screen.
9. Click Cast and choose your Chromecast device to mirror the web page on your smart TV.
How to Chromecast Firefox Browser Using Google Chrome [Windows/Mac]
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser on your device and right-click on the screen to choose the Cast menu.
2. Once the Chromecast device name appears on the screen, hit the Sources tab and click Cast Desktop.
3. Choose the screen and click Share.
4. The PC screen will appear on the TV screen immediately. Next, launch the Firefox browser and browse for the web page you want.
How to Chromecast Firefox Browser From Android Smartphone
Since the Firefox browser doesn’t have built-in cast support like Chrome, you like to cast your smartphone.
1. Connect your Android smartphone or tablet and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the Firefox browser on your smartphone and start browsing.
3. Next, pull down the notification panel on your smartphone and hit Cast.
4. Choose your Chromecast device from the list of devices.
5. Once paired, you can see the Firefox browser mirrored on your smart TV.
You can screen the content directly from the Firefox browser.
1. Open the Firefox browser on your device.
2. Start streaming content that supports the Cast feature, like YouTube.
3. Next, start streaming the content, tap Cast, and choose the Chromecast device.
4. Once connected, you can see the content from the browsing screen on the TV.
How to Chromecast Firefox Browser From iPhone
1. Install the Replica app on your iPhone and ensure the device is connected to the same WiFi network as Chromecast.
2. On the home screen of Replica, choose your Chromecast device.
3. Choose Start Broadcast to screen mirror the iPhone screen.
4. Now, open Firefox and play the video you want.
Frequently Asked Questions
Chromecast devices cost around $29.99. If you like to purchase Chromecast along with the Google TV, it costs $49.99.