Looking for ways to stream live channels on Firestick for free? Freeview FV is one of the reliable apps to stream channels like ITV Hub, Channel 4, Channel 5, BBC, and many more on Firestick for free. You can stream all the available content without any subscription and limitations. One of the advantages of Freeview is that it also lets you watch HD channels without any fee.
On Freeview, you can find 70+ standard channels and 15 HD channels. It is more than enough to watch 95% of popular TV programs on Fire TV.
How to Install Freeview on Firestick
Freeview Play is officially not available on the Amazon App Store. So you have to sideload it on your Firestick. Downloader is a useful application that will help you install third-party apps. You can get this tool from the Amazon App Store.
1. Open the Fire TV home page and tap on Settings using the remote.
2. Click My Fire TV.
3. Select Developer options on the next screen.
4. Tap on the Apps from Unknown Sources option.
5. A warning pop-up will appear on the screen. Click Turn on to enable it.
6. Get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app. If you haven’t installed it, get it from the Amazon App Store.
For the new Fire OS, you have to enable the Unknown Sources toggle for individual apps. Go to Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Install Unknown Apps –> Downloader –> Turn On.
7. Open the Downloader app and enter the Freeview URL in the Search bar. Click Go.
8. Scroll down the downloading page and then choose Download APK.
9. The Freeview apk file will download on your Firestick. If not, tap the Click Here option to download the file.
10. After downloading the file, choose the Install option.
11. It will install the Freeview app on your Firestick.
12. Tap Open to launch the Freeview FV.
If you’re not interested in sideloading method, cast Freeview FV from your Android device.
1. Long-press the home button on your Fire TV remote and enable Display Mirroring on Firestick.
2. On your Android device, download the Freeview FV app from Google Play Store.
3. Go to Settings and tap the Cast option. You can find this option under the Display or Connection settings.
Note – Your Android device must be connected to the same WiFi network as Firestick.
4. Choose your Firestick device and grant permission to mirror your screen.
5. After mirroring the screen on Firestick, launch the Freeview FV app and stream the media.
Freeview on Firestick Update
In October 2020, Freeview released a press release stating that the Freeview Play app for Fire TV editions would be launched soon. It’s been more than one and half years, and still, there is no update from the Freeview team. The Freeview Play app is yet to arrive on the Amazon App Store. Even after the official notice, there is no update. Still, you have to rely on the sideloading method and casting method.
Yes, you can get the Freeview on Fire TV Stick using the Downloader app.
Yes, the Freeview app is available in the Google Play Store and App Store.