Are you fascinated by watching the Jellyfin content on your Samsung TV? You can install the Jellyfin application on your Samsung TV to stream box office hit movies, TV shows, series, documentaries, sports, etc. If you have an old model Samsung TV, you can screen mirror or AirPlay the Jellyfin app from your smartphone. Unfortunately, there is no option to download or watch Jellyfin content directly on your Samsung TV. However, you need to download the Tizen software to access Jellyfin on your device.
Jellyfin is one of the volunteer-built media solutions that is used to control your media. You can stream Jellyfin on any device from its own server. It has no tracking of your data, phone number, or the address of the central servers.
How to Stream Jellyfin on Samsung TV Via Web Browser
1. Turn on and connect your Samsung Smart TV to the strong WiFi network.
2. On your Samsung TV remote, press the Smart Hub button.
3. Navigate to the Apps section and go to the Web Browser tab.
4. Press Enter button to launch the Web browser on your Samsung Smart TV.
5. Now visit the official website of Jellyfin and sign in to your account with the login credentials.
6. Select your favorite content and click on it to start playing it on your Samsung smart TV.
How to Screen Mirror Jellyfin on Your Samsung TV
1. Initially, open the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
2. Type and search the Jellyfin app on the search bar.
3. Tap Install to download the Jellyfin app and then launch it on your Android device.
4. Click Add Server option → enter the Host address and tap the Connect button.
5. After that, sign in to your account with the necessary credentials.
6. Now, swipe down to launch the Notification Panel.
7. Tap on the Smart View icon on your Samsung mobile. If you are using another Android mobile, tap Cast or the screencast icon.
8. Choose your Samsung TV name from the list of available devices.
9. Hit the Start Now button and wait till the devices get paired.
Once done, you can stream the exclusive content on your smart TV screen.
How to AirPlay Jellyfin from iPhone to Samsung TV
Before you start, enable the AirPlay option on your Samsung Smart TV to screen mirror the Jellyfin content easily from your iPhone or iPad.
1. First, get the Jellyfin app on your iPhone via App Store.
2. After installing the app, sign in to your Jellyfin account.
3. Select the video and play it on your iPhone.
4. Open the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
5. Select the Samsung smart TV name from the list of available devices.
5. Pair your TV and your iOS device.
6. After the successful pairing, the video you selected on the Jellyfin app will automatically start playing on your Smart TV screen.
Alternate Method to Install Jellyfin on Your Samsung Smart TV
Not all Samsung Smart TVs come with a pre-installed web browser. If you own a Tizen OS-powered Samsung Smart TV, then you may not download the Jellyfin app from the play store. Or you cannot stream directly from the web browser. In such a scenario, you need to install Tizen Studio 4.6+ with IDE or Tizen Studio 4.6+ with CLI, Git, and node.js 16+.
After installing the tools, install the Certificate Manager and then set it up. Then, download the Jellyfin Web repository from github.com. You should download the Jellyfin repository and then input the valid code to run the Jellyfin on Tizen. Prepare the interface and deploy the emulator as well as your TV to watch the on-demand content from Jellyfin on your Samsung smart TV.
Yes. Jellyfin is absolutely free to access the content. You can watch the collection of on-demand content at no cost on Jellyfin.
Emby, ReadyMedia, Kodi, Plex, and Universal Media Server are the best alternatives to Jellyfin.