Like smartphones, Smart TVs are the next trend. You can install apps, play games, surf the internet, watch movies and series, make online calls and much more. DIRECTV NOW is one of the smart TV apps that can be used to stream live and on-demand video content on your device with a subscription price. DirectTV Now is now called AT&T TV. Follow the steps below to install AT&T TV on Smart TV (Samsung, Sony, Vizio, LG and Android Smart TV).
Though all the Smart TVs are similar to each other, the steps required to install the DIRECTV NOW app on individual smart TVs may vary according to the brand.
Steps to Install (DIRECTV NOW) AT&T TV app on Samsung Smart TV
Like Apple smartphones having iOS, Samsung also has an individual OS for its smart TVs, Tizen OS. In the Samsung TV, it has its own apps store called Samsung Apps where you can install apps and games as you do in Google Play Store.
(1) Open the Samsung Apps application on your smart TV.
(2) The Search bar is on the left side of the screen. Click the Search bar any type DIRECTV NOW or AT&T TV.
(3) The searched results will appear on the right side of the screen. Choose the DIRECTV NOW app.
(4) On the next screen, click the Download button. Once you click the Download button, the downloading will start.
(5) When the download is complete, click the Run button to open the app.
Techowns Tip: How to update Samsung Smart TV apps?
Steps to Install At&T TV app for Android TV (Sony, Mi Box, NVIDIA Shield TV)
You can easily install the DIRECTV NOW (AT&T TV) app on your Android TV. All the Android smart TV runs on Android TV OS which is very similar to Android smartphone OS. All Google apps are preinstalled in the Android TV. Smart TVs like Sony, Mi Box, NVIDIA Shield TV are some of the TVs that run on Android TV OS.
(1) Open the Google Play Store on your smart TV.
(2) In the search bar, type DIRECTV NOW or AT&T TV. Choose the AT&T TV app on the searched results.
(3) On the next screen, click the Install button.
(4) When the app is installed, click the Open button to launch the app on your Android Smart TV.
Steps to Install At&T TV app for LG Smart TV
LG Smart TV has WebOS on its smart TVs. WebOS or LG WebOS is a Linux-kernel based developed for smart TVs.
Currently, the DIRECTV NOW app (AT&T TV) is not available for LG smart TVs. LG Smart TV has its own app store called LG Content Store. In the app store, you can’t find any app named DIRECTV NOW or AT&T app.
If you want to stream the AT&T app on your LG Smart TV, you can cast the app using your smartphone or PC. LG Smart TV has the Screen Share app to cast from smartphones and PCs.
Techowns Tip: How to Update Apps on LG Smart TV?
Steps to Install (DIRECTV NOW) At&T TV app for Vizio Smart TV
DIRECTV NOW app is not available for Vizio Smart TV too but you can cast the app to the Vizio Smart TV.
You can cast your smartphone to the Vizio Smart TV using the VIZIO SmartCast Mobile app. The app is available for both Android and iOS smartphones. Install the app and cast the app on your Vizio Smart TV.
That’s how you install DIRECTV NOW (AT&T TV) app on your smart TV. If your smart TV doesn’t have the app, cast the app using your smartphone. All the smart TVs has its own casting app either pre-installed or available on the official app store.