- To Install Plex on Firestick: Power On your FireTV → Find → Search for Plex → Choose the application → Get → Open → Activate → Done.
Are you looking for the best media server software for your Firestick? Then it’s time to get Plex on your Fire TV. Plex offers you 250+ live TV channels that include movies, TV shows, sports coverage, and much more for free of cost. It has a dedicated app known as Plex Media Player. With that, you can watch a lot of video content using the Plex Media Server. Plex is compatible with various streaming devices that, include Firestick. In case you want to access Plex on your Firestick, then you can install it directly from the Amazon App Store.
How to Install Plex on Firestick
1. Switch in your FireStick and go to the home screen.
2. Tap on the Find icon and enter Plex on the search bar.
3. Choose the Plex application from the list of apps
4. Click on the Get button to start the installation process.
5. Then, tap on the Open button to launch the Plex app on your TV.
How to Activate Plex on Firestick
1. Open the Plex application on your Fire TV.
2. Tap on the Sign in button displayed on the screen.
3. The activation code will be shown on your TV screen.
4. Go to the activation site of Plex (www.plex.tv/link) on your browser.
5. Complete the sign-in process using the credentials.
6. Type the activation code on the field which is displayed on your TV screen.
7. Click on the Link button and select the Not Now option on the subscription page.
8. After a few seconds of loading, the Plex will be activated on our TV.
How to Sign Up Plex on Firestick
1. Visit the official website of Plex on your browser.
2. Click on the Sign-up option at the top-right.
3. Enter your email ID and password in the field.
4. Tap on the Create an Account button and choose any Plex Pass Subscription.
5. Then, your Plex account will be created successfully.
How to Stream Plex on Firestick Using Browser
1. Switch On your Firestick and navigate to the home screen.
2. Tap on the Find icon and enter Silk browser on the search bar.
3. Download and launch the Silk browser on your Firestick.
4. Visit the official website for Plex (www.plex.tv) on the browser.
5. Finish up the sign-in process using the credentials, and you play Plex content on your TV.
Plex Pass Subscription
There are three types of subscriptions available on the Plex Pass, and you can choose them based on your preferences.
|Monthly||$4.99 per month|
|Annually||$39.99 per month|
|Lifetime||$199.99 per month|
Plex Not Working on FireStick: How to Fix It
If the Plex has issues like the app crashing, freezing, or lagging while streaming on Firestick, then you can perform some troubleshooting ideas to resolve the problem.
- Check the WIFI connection on your Firestick for a smooth streaming experience.
- Restart your Firestick to clear all the temporary bugs on the Plex application.
- Clear the cache or data of the Plex application to remove the unwanted temporary files.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Plex application to resolve app-based errors.
- Make sure that your Plex application is up-to-date, and also update your Firestick device.
- Log out and log in to the Plex account on your FireTV.
- If none resolves the issue, you can factory reset the Firestick device.
You can use Cast or Airplay the Plex content from the Android or iPhone device on your Fire TV.
You can access Plex content on Firestick for free. Also, get a Plex Pass subscription to access more features.
More often, if you are using the hosted Plex Web App, the Plex server restricts access for some time. For that, you can sign in to the Plex server to access Plex content simultaneously.
Stremio is one of the best alternatives for Plex, with a huge catalog of user-contributed add-ons which allows streaming for a large range of sources.