Apple Watches are the best and the most advanced smartwatches available right now. When paired to iPhone, Apple Watch possibilities are endless, you can even make a payment using Apple Pay. One of the best things in Apple Watch is that it will display all your iPhone app’s notifications even though the app is not installed on Apple Watch. Even iOS users will have an iCloud mail as their personal mail, and Gmail or Outlook as their professional mail. Apple Mail is a built-in app on Apple Watch, but other mail services are not. If you want to use Gmail on Apple Watch, this writeup will help you.
Note: As of now, the Gmail app is not available for any Apple Watch Series like Series 3 and Series 5. You need to do some workaround to get the job done.
How to Use Gmail on Apple Watch?
If you want to use Gmail on Apple Watch, you need to have the Gmail app installed on your iPhone. Make sure that your Gmail account is active.
(1) Open the My Watch app on your iPhone paired to your Apple Watch.
(2) Tap on the Notifications option.
(3) All the apps that you have installed on your iPhone will appear. Choose the Gmail app.
(4) Turn on the Allow Notifications toggle.
(5) After this, whenever you receive an email to your Gmail app, the notification will appear on the watch face.
(6) Since the app is not available for Apple Watch, you can’t read or reply to the mail via Apple Watch.
WristMail for Gmail on Apple Watch
If you are desperate to use the Gmail app on Apple Watch, you can do that, but it is not an official way and we won’t recommend this. In the App Store, you can find the app, WristMail for Gmail. It is a paid app that costs $1.99.
You have to install the app and sign in with your Gmail account. Through this app, you can read the email and reply to them through Apple Watch. But the app’s developer and the app is not a standard one. Using third-party apps for your important information like Gmail will lead to privacy threats. Install the WristMail for Gmail at your own responsibility.
This is how you use Gmail on Apple Watch. Someday, the app will be available for Apple Watch. Wait for that day. If you are eager to use the Gmail, use the Wristmail for Gmail. Share your thoughts in the comments section below.