- Unlike other platforms, Hinge lets users delete their accounts manually from the app.
- You can even pause the profile on Hinge if you don’t like to delete the account permanently.
Generally, users prefer to delete their dating profile from the platform when they don’t find a suitable match. Similarly, if you don’t find a suitable match or unsatisfied with the features, you can delete your Hinge account permanently. Deleting your account will erase all your personal information, including photos, chats, etc. Moreover, you must cancel the subscription before deleting the account, as deleting the app or account doesn’t cancel the subscription.
How to Delete Your Hinge Account Permanently
2. Login to the Hinge account.
3. Tap the Profile icon located on the bottom-right corner of the Hinge home screen.
4. Next, tap Settings.
5. Scroll down to the end of the screen and tap Delete Account.
6. A prompt will confirm that you want to delete your account.
7. Tap the Confirm delete button.
8. Finally, you will get a confirmation popup saying your account has been deleted.
Your account has been permanently deleted, and all your personal information, including previous matches and messages, will be removed from the server.
Tips! Like Hinge, you can delete your Tinder account permanently if you don’t get the preferred matches on the platform.
How to Pause Your Hinge Profile Temporarily
You can even pause your Hinge account temporarily without deleting the account. Pausing the profile helps you avoid the profile’s visibility to the new matches.
1. Go to the Hinge app on your mobile.
2. Tap the Profile icon on the bottom right.
3. Navigate to Settings by tapping the Profile icon.
4. You can see the Pause feature on the top.
5. Tap the toggle switch to enable the Pause feature on your Hinge account.
Also, note that pausing the account doesn’t hold back the subscription.
How to Delete Hinge Photos
Unfortunately, Hinge doesn’t let users delete photos from their profiles. The only way to get rid of this is by deleting your Hinge account permanently from the platform.
How to Delete Your Hinge Profile From Facebook
1. Launch the Facebook app and tap the hamburger icon at the bottom of the app.
2. Select Settings & Privacy → tap the Settings menu.
3. Navigate to the Permanent section and select the Apps & Websites option.
4. Open the Hinge profile.
5. Select Remove and confirm the action.
How to Cancel Hinge Preferred Subscription
Before deleting the Hinge profile, you must delete the subscription you opted for. If you have failed to do this, you will be charged even after deleting the account.
1. Open the Google Play Store.
2. Tap the Profile icon.
3. Select Payments and subscriptions.
4. Tap Subscriptions from the list of menus.
5. Select Hinge and cancel the subscription.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Tap your Profile icon on the top right corner and select Subscriptions.
3. Choose the Hinge subscription and cancel it.
If you don’t like using Hinge, you can look for alternatives suggested below to find your dating partner.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Removing, uninstalling, or deleting the Hinge app from your phone will not terminate your account entirely.