Xfinity is an online video streaming app that allows you to stream your favourite media contents anywhere and anytime you want. You can watch 200+ live TV, popular movies, TV shows and more than thousands of on-demand video contents on your devices. It even permits you to download your videos to watch it offline as well. It also features cloud DVR to record movies and TV shows from anywhere in the USA. The Xfinity Stream is available both as an App and as a Web portal as well. You can use Xfinity stream on Android, iOS, Windows, Amazon Firestick, Roku, and other devices as well. Xfinity stream is not compatible with Google Chromecast. But you can still Chromcast Xfinity stream and screen mirror contents to your TV.
Chromecast Xfinity App to TV
There are two methods available to cast Xfinity contents on your TV.
- Screen Mirror using Android phone
- Casting through Chrome Brower
Method 1: Screen Mirror Xfinity Stream app to the TV using Android
As Xfinity stream app is not compatible with Chromecast, you have to screen mirror it to TV. Follow the steps below:
(1) Connect your Chromecast into the HDMI port of your TV.
(2) Check whether the Chromecast and the Android phone are connected to the same WiFi network.
(3) Open Google Play Store on your Android phone.
(4) Search for Xfinity app and install it on your mobile.
(5) Now Open the Settings app on your phone.
(6) Click on the Connected Devices option.
(7) Select Connection Preferences under Connected devices option.
(8) Click on the Cast option.
(0) Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
(10) Now click on Start Now option to screen your mobile screen to the TV.
(11) Open the Xfinity app on your Android and start streaming the videos.
Whatever actions you perform, it will get reflected on your TV. Stream your favourite videos to watch it on the TV.
Method 2: Chromecast Xfinity Contents to the TV using Chrome Browser
You can stream Xfinity contents to TV from your desktop as well. You just need a Chrome browser.
(1) Connect your Chromecast device into your TV HDMI port.
(2) Connect your laptop or desktop and Chromecast with the same WiFi network.
(3) Open the Chrome Browser on your desktop and go to the URL “https://www.xfinity.com/stream/“.
(4) The Xfinity stream website will open. Right-click on the page and choose the “Cast” option.
(5) The browser will search for the available device list and displays it.
(6) Click on the “Sources” drop-down button and choose “Cast Tab” option.
(7) Now select the device to which you want to cast.
The Xfinity Stream tab will now appear on your TV. Choose the video which you want to stream and watch it on your TV.
How to Sigh in Xfinity?
Xfinity is a subscription-based streaming service it may cost ranges from $25 to $300. To access its contents you are required to sign in to Xfinity account:
(1) Go to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/ on your browser.
(2) Click on the Sign-in button.
(3) Enter your Login credentials and complete the captcha. Now click on the “Sign in” button.
By using Xfinity Stream, you can watch all top-rated movies and TV series on your devices. Xfinity Stream is yet to get compatible with Chromecast. If Xfinity app is made compatible, then you can easily cast the movies and series directly from your app. Until then Screen mirroring is the only solution to stream contents through Chromecast.