- Why Disney Plus is Not Working on Chromecast
- How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working on Chromecast
Disney Plus plays an important service to watch the latest movies and series on supported devices. If you have a Chromecast in your home, you could use it to cast the Disney Plus content from the smartphone to the PC. The Disney Plus on Android and iOS supports all types of Chromecast. Sometimes, you may have an error streaming Disney Plus with Chromecast. Whatever the reason may be, one can easily fix Disney Plus not working on Chromecast by following simple solutions.
Why Disney Plus is Not Working on Chromecast
The issue may be with your Chromecast firmware, internet connection, smartphone firmware, Disney Plus server, or Disney Plus app. These reasons will lead to issues like
- Disney Plus not loading on Chromecast
- Chromecast Disney Plus Sound Not Working/Audio Lag
- Chromecast Disney Plus Black Screen
- Disney Plus Keeps Freezing on Chromecast
- Chromecast on Disney Plus Not Showing Up
- Disney Plus Not Connecting on Chromecast
- Chromecast Won’t Play Disney Plus
For all these issues, try the following solutions one by one and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working on Chromecast
For all the above-mentioned issues, there are ten troubleshooting solutions available.
1. Check Disney Plus Servers
As we all know, Disney Plus is an online service and it depends on its servers to deliver content and services to the users. If you face any problem, the first thing you must try is to check the Disney Plus server status. By using third-party sites like Downdetector, you can check the current server status of the app, and also, you can detect the issues. When the server is down, wait until it gets sorted by the team.
If the Disney Plus servers are good and stable, move to the next step to fix the issue.
2. Test by Watching Another Show
The TV show or a movie that you’re currently playing may face several issues or an unexpected problem which makes it unavailable at the moment. Some of the on-demand titles in Disney Plus have this issue. Try playing other shows or movies which may help us to fix the problem.
If you had a problem with all the media content, try the next solution.
3. Clear Chromecast Cache
If you’re casting Disney Plus to a Chromecast built-in Android TV, try clearing its cache. Glitches and temporary bugs may cause the app to not work on Chromecast.
- Open Android TV and click the Menu button. Navigate to Apps and click Show System Apps.
- Click Chromecast built-in from the list to open it. Finally, click Clear Cache and Clear Data button.
4. Use PC Browser to Cast Disney Plus
If the Disney Plus app on your smartphone is not working properly, you can use the browser to cast the Disney Plus. We recommend using the Chrome browser on Windows or Mac to cast Disney Plus without any errors. Log in to your account and cast it to your Chromecast with built-in support.
If the issue continues even with the PC, then you have to update the Chromecast device.
5. Update your Chromecast Device
Sometimes your Chromecast device may have an issue that causes the app not to work. It also indicates that the current version of your device is not compatible with the app. Updating your Chromecast device will fix it.
- Connect your Chromecast device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Google Home app. Click More Options beside your device.
- Now, click on Settings and select Reboot.
- Now, the device will automatically install the latest firmware while restarting.
- Once you are done, try casting Disney Plus on your Chromecast to check if the problem is solved.
If the update fails to fix the issue, move to the next solution.
6. Log out and Log In to your account
You can also try logging out of your Disney Plus account from the device you use to cast. By doing this, account data that encountered a temporary error will reset.
- Open Disney Plus on your device. To access your profile, tap on your Avatar.
- Tap Log Out to complete the process.
You can sign out of your account on your browser by following these steps
- Open the browser you prefer and access to Disney Plus website. Move the cursor to your Avatar to access your profile.
- Lastly, click Log Out to sign out from your account.
It will remove most of the temporary issues on your Disney Plus app. Move to the next step if the issue appears again while casting.
7. Check and Reset your Internet
Slow internet connection is also the reason behind not casting to Chromecast. Usually, the Disney Plus app needs minimum internet bandwidth of 5 Mbps for streaming movies without any interruption and 25 Mbps for 4K UHD titles. Check your internet connection speed and make sure it meets the requirements.
If the internet connection is good enough to stream Disney Plus, check whether you have enabled any VPN connection.
8. Disable VPN
If you have enabled VPN on your device, Disney Plus will fail to direct your Chromecast. Hence, disable the VPN service that you have enabled and check whether the issue is fixed.
9. Reset the Chromecast
If the above solutions failed to fix the issue, try resetting the Chromecast device to its factory settings. You can reset the Chromecast easily with the help of the Google Home app.
After the reset, set up your Chromecast again and try to cast the Disney Plus content.
10. Report the problem to Disney Plus
If the error repeats even after resetting the Chromecast device, you should report the issue to the Disney Plus help center. Explain the problems you encounter while casting, and send a screenshot if possible. They will guide you to fix the issue.
Finding the correct issue and sorting it out lies in our hands. With these tips, you can find the exact issue for the Disney Plus app not working on Chromecast along with its solution.