Tumblr is one of the top most popular blogging platform similar to other social media app which allows the user to post images, videos, text, links, gifs and many more. It is designed with a good interface. Once you sign in to Tumblr, it will suggest you so many blogs to follow. Once you follow a blog, all of its posts are displayed on your Dashboard. You can like, comment and re-blog it on your own blog. Even it allows you to easily interact with other people through messages. It comes with a number of attractive themes to choose and even allows you to edit the post in what way you like. If you are not interested in Tumblr anymore, you can delete the account easily. Follow the steps below to delete the Tumblr account.
How to Delete a Tumblr Account?
Tumblr app is available on both mobile app and website. You can’t delete your Tumblr account directly from the app. You can delete the account only from the Tumblr website. Once your account is deleted the primary blog is deleted. It also removes you from all your blog group.
(2) Click on the “Login” button to sign in to your account.
(3) Enter your Email ID and click on the “Next” button.
(4) Now enter your password and log into your account.
(5) Click on the accounts icon.
(6) Under accounts, click on the “Settings” button.
(7) In the Settings page, you will find the “Delete Account” option. Click on the Delete account button.
(8) You will be redirected to the authentication page. Enter the username and password to continue.
(9) If you have TFA (Two-factor authentication) on your account, you need to re-enter your email ID and enter the authentication code sent to your device.
Now your Tumblr account is deleted permanently with all primary and secondary blogs.
Techowns Tip: How to Turn Off Safe Mode on Tumblr?
The above are the steps required to delete your Tumblr account. Once your Tumblr account is deleted, you cannot use the same email id to sign in with Tumblr again. Your Username and blog URL will be removed permanently, you can’t reuse them. To delete any of your secondary blog from your Tumblr, it can be done within your mobile app. Deleting the secondary blog never affects the primary blog.