Are you wondering how to watch FIFA World Cup 2022 in the UK? Well, BBC iPlayer is the service you need to access. Out of 64 matches, BBC iPlayer streams 32 matches, whereas ITV Hub streams 32 matches. Besides, BBC iPlayer also has live channels, on-demand shows & movies, and much more content to stream. If you have a Chromecast-compatible TV, you can cast the BBC iPlayer content from yoru smartphone (Android/iPhone) to the TV.
How to Chromecast BBC iPlayer Using Mobile [Android and iPhone]
BBC iPlayer requires a strong internet connection to stream the content. So ensure that your internet connection is good enough for casting BBC iPlayer.
1. First of all, connect your Chromecast to a WiFi connection. On the other hand, connect the smartphone to the same network.
2. Install the BBC iPlayer on your smartphone.
3. Once installed, launch the BBC iPlayer app.
4. Tap the Cast icon in the top right corner of the screen.
5. Select your Chromecast name from the available nearby devices list and wait for the BBC iPlayer to appear on your TV screen.
6. Now, play a video, and it will play on your TV instantly.
7. To disconnect, tap the Cast icon again and choose the Stop Casting option.
How to Chromecast BBC iPlayer Using Chrome Browser on a PC
Like the above method, connect the Chromecast device and the Chrome browser installed PC to the same WiFi network.
1. Launch the Chrome browser on your PC and ensure it is updated.
2. Visit the web version of BBC iPlayer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer.
3. Tap the Sign In menu at the top left corner.
4. Once signed in, play the video you want.
5. Right-click on the screen and tap the Cast menu.
6. The browser will search for nearby devices. Choose your Chromecast device.
7. Tap on your Chromecast name, and the browser will appear on your TV immediately.
How to Fix BBC iPlayer Not Working on Chromecast
Sometimes the BBC iPlayer may not work with Chromecast if you have issues with your internet connection, Chromecast, and casting device.
#1. First, ensure that Chromecast and the casting device are connected to the same network.
#2. Restart your Chromecast to fix the temporary issues on the device.
#3. Update the BBC iPlayer on your Smartphone, and then try to cast the media.
#4. Update your Chromecast and check whether the issues arise while casting the BBC iPlayer.
#5. Reset Chromecast and start using it from scratch.
Frequently Asked Questions
BBC iPlayer is completely free to stream the content in the UK.
No. BBC iPlayer is not available in the US.
BBC iPlayer is a geo-restricted service and can be accessed only in the UK.