Google Chromecast is a superior casting device that has the capability to cast anything and everything to your TV. Other than smartphones, you can also cast contents from your PC. You can easily Chromecast contents & files from your Mac to TV. Apple devices are known for their robust construction and user comfort. So you can easily sync files between your Apple devices using iCloud and cast the same on TV from your Mac using Chromecast.
- Google Chromecast
- A TV with HDMI port
- Internet connection
- Updated Chrome browser installed on Mac
- MacBook Pro 2010 or newer device
Steps to Chromecast from Mac to TV
(1) Open the Google Chrome browser on your Mac.
(2) Click the View button on the top left menu of the screen and choose Cast option (or click the three vertical dots icon on the top right corner and choose Cast option).
(3) Click the Sources drop-down menu. You get three options.
- Cast Tab: This option will cast all the contents in the current tab you are using. For instance, if you are using Facebook on Chrome and choose Cast Tab, the Facebook tab will appear on your TV.
- Cast Desktop: This option is more like mirroring your Mac. Choosing this option will mirror the entire Mac screen to your TV.
- Cast File: If you want to cast any PDF file or any other type of file, choose this option.
(4) Choose any of the three options and click on the Chromecast devices displayed.
(5) When the casting is successful, your Mac screen will appear on your TV.
In the older version of the Google Chrome browser, you need to install the Google Cast extension manually from the chrome web store to cast videos from Mac to Chromecast. But in the latest version, the extension is pre-installed. You just need to click the Cast option.
Streaming platforms like Netflix, YouTube, Hotstar, Disney+ have built-in Cast icon to cast videos to smart devices. In those online platforms, you have to click the Cast icon to cast video contents from Mac to TV using Chromecast.
These are the ways that you can connect from Mac laptop or Mac desktop to the Chromecast. Now, cast all your media files from your Mac to the TV using Google Chromecast easily. If you have any other ways to Chromecast Mac, tell that in the comments section below. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more related tech updates.