Just like Smartphones and tablets, it is necessary to update your Smart TVs for the latest security features, UI improvements, bug fixes and to improve the system stability. If you’re an owner of Samsung Smart TV and don’t know how to update the firmware on your TV, here is the detailed step-by-step procedure.
How to Update Samsung Smart TV Software Automatically?
By enabling the automatic update, your Samsung TV will be updated automatically whenever a new update is detected on your TV. Here are the steps to activate the automatic update:
(1) Power on your Samsung Smart TV and connect it to the internet connection.
(2) Navigate to the Settings menu and select the Support section.
(3) Click the Software Update menu.
(4) Select Auto Update and enable it.
From now, whenever a new update is detected on your TV, it will be downloaded and installed automatically without error. Depending on the update size and internet connection speed, the update process will take the appropriate time to complete.
How to Update Samsung TV Manually?
If you decided to update your Samsung Smart TV manually, follow these steps.
(1) Go to the Settings app and select the Support section.
(2) Select the Software Update.
(3) Select Update Now.
(4) If an update is available, it will be downloaded and installed on your TV. If there is no update, click OK and return to the main screen.
How to Update Samsung TV Software via USB?
Instead of using the in-built settings, you can also use the external hard drives to update your Samsung Smart TV.
(1) Open a browser on your PC or laptop and visit this Samsung Support Link.
(2) On the top right corner of the website, you will have a Search icon. Enter your TV model number and hit the Enter key.
(3) It will redirect you to the support page for your TV.
(4) Scroll down the page and click the Download icon located next to the Firmware menu.
(5) The latest firmware for your Samsung Smart TV will be downloaded on your PC or laptop.
(6) The file will be downloaded in the Zip format which you need to unzip using Winzip or any other zip extractor.
(7) Copy the unzipped file and paste it on USB Flash Drive.
(8) Connect the USB Flash Drive on your TV and press the Smart Hub button or Home button on your remote.
(9) Go to Settings > Software Update > Update Now.
(10) Select USB and it will search for the firmware file. Once detected, your TV will be updated automatically.
(11) Remove the USB drive once your TV was updated.
How to Update Apps on your Samsung Smart TV?
Like firmware, it is vital to update the apps that you installed on your Samsung Smart TV. It will bring new features and the latest media contents on your TV. It also removes the bug associated with the particular app.
These are the three different methods which you can use to update your Samsung Smart TV. Do you want to share any information related to this post? Mention it in the comments sections.