- Mobdro is a streaming platform that can be added to your Firestick device by sideloading.
- The platform is free and doesn’t require registration or a sign-up process.
Most people prefer using free streaming platforms over paid ones. Though the free streaming platforms have drawbacks, people still use them because of the vast content available from regional channels. If you’re a streaming lover, you must have heard about the Mobdro app and its features. It is a popular third-party streaming application that you can use to stream content in various categories. However, Mobdro doesn’t have a native app for Firestick. Therefore, you must sideload the app using the Downloader or similar other applications. Since Mobdro was developed for Android devices, some of the features may not be accessible on Firestick. Hence, you need to download Mouse Toggle for better navigation.
How to Download and Install Mobdro on Firestick
Before sideloading, you must install the Downloader on Firestick to sideload the app. Like Android OS, you can’t sideload apps on Firestick without enabling permission. Therefore, you must enable Install Unknown Apps on your device to proceed with the installation.
Enabling Install Unknown Apps
1. On the Home screen, navigate to Settings and select it.
2. Under Settings, select My Fire TV from the list of menus.
3. Select Developer Options on the next screen.
4. Move down and select Install Unknown Apps.
5. Select Downloader from the list of unknown apps and turn it on.
Here, we have guided the installation using the Downloader app. You can also use Aptoide TV, ES File Explorer (requires premium), and much more tools.
How to Sideload Mobdro Using Downloader
1. Get back to the Firestick Home screen and launch the Downloader app.
2. Navigate to the URL section and type this source URL: http://bit.ly/2MJ5C2A.
3. After entering the URL, select Go.
4. The Mobdro apk file will download on your Firestick.
5. Once downloaded, the installer tab will open automatically. Select Next to proceed further.
6. Select Install on the next screen. The Mobdro app will install on your Firestick.
7. After installation, select Done to close the installer tab.
8. If you have selected Done, the Firestick will prompt you to delete the installer file. Select Delete.
9. Again, select Delete to remove the file.
10. You can close the Downloader.
How to Use Mobdro on Firestick
1. Launch the Mobdro app on your Firestick device either on the Home screen or Apps section.
2. Select Agree.
3. The Home screen of the Mobdro app will appear on the screen.
4. You can now navigate through the categories and select them.
5. Select Channels, and you can find popular local channels, such as Syfy, TBS, HGTV, LMN, and more.
6. Choose the desired one, and the content starts playing on your device.
How to Fix Mobdro Not Working on Firestick
Sometimes, installing unofficial apps on your Firestick device may misbehave because of certain reasons, such as compatibility, app crash, and more. Therefore, following the troubleshooting methods, you can fix the issue easily on the device.
1. When the content doesn’t streams, it is better to check the internet connection to which you are connected. If the connection is fine, check the internet speed. If the speed is sluggish, restart the router to fix it.
2. If you can’t launch the app or load the content, restart the app. If it continues, uninstall and install it again on your device.
3. Restart your Firestick device if the app crashes.
4. Clear the Mobdro app cache.
5. Update your Firestick to the latest firmware if the app doesn’t work after restart.
We have suggested the best alternatives to Mobdro if you don’t like or unsatisfied with the content on the platform.
It is a popular platform for Live TV and on-demand content. Pluto TV is legal and officially on the Amazon App Store. With Pluto TV, you can access the content in all categories instead of separate channels.
Installation Guide: Pluto TV on Firestick
Tubi TV is also the best alternative to Mobdro. The platform offers vast content like movies, series, etc., including anime. Unlike other free streaming platforms, Tubi TV is supported on most streaming devices.
Installation Guide: Tubi TV on Firestick
If you are looking for classic content, then you must prefer Crackle. Though the platform offers Live TV and on-demand content, it offers classic content in various categories.
Installation Guide: Crackle on Firestick
Showbox is one of the best apps in third-party streaming apps. Like Mobdro, it doesn’t have a native app on Firestick, but you can still sideload it using the apps like Downloader, etc.
Installation Guide: Showbox on Firestick