Roku supports tons of streaming channels and providers. ESPN is one such streaming channel that features live streaming access to ESPN networks, live events, ESPN shows, ESPN +, etc. To watch the sporting events, you will need a pay-TV service provider subscription. You can also watch ESPN on Roku by subscribing to ESPN+ subscription, which costs $5.99/month or $59.99/year. It doesn’t require any TV provider details.
Before jumping into the installation, make sure that you have an active TV provider subscription or ESPN+ subscription.
Steps to Install ESPN on Roku
1) Connect your Roku to a WiFi connection.
2) On your Roku home screen, navigate to the Streaming Channels section.
3) Click on Search Channels.
4) Type and search for ESPN. Choose the channel from the list of search results.
5) On the app information screen, click on the Add Channel option.
6) The app will install on your Roku.
7) Launch the ESPN app and proceed to the activation.
Steps to Activate ESPN on Roku
If you have pay TV service:
1) Open the ESPN channel on your Roku device.
2) Click on the Settings icon.
3) Now, select Provider account > Watch Live TV > Activate Live TV.
4) Note the activation code.
5) Go to the ESPN activation site on your smartphone or computer browser.
6) Enter the activation code in the provided text box and click Continue.
7) Choose your TV service provider, and log in with respective credentials.
If you have ESPN+ subscription:
1) Launch the ESPN app and tap the Settings option on the main screen.
2) Choose Subscriptions.
3) Select ESPN+ on the next screen.
4) Tap Log in and note down the activation code.
5) Visit the ESPN activation site on your PC or mobile browser.
6) Enter the code and login with your ESPN+ subscribed user account to activate the app.
How to Watch ESPN on Roku without Cable
Apart from ESPN+, Some streaming services are available online to stream ESPN channels without any TV provider credentials. By subscribing to those services, you can also watch other sports channels along with ESPN.
Here are the services which stream ESPN:
1. Sling TV
ESPN is available on Sling Orange package ($30/month) that features ESPN, ESPN 2, and ESPN 3. The additional sports add-on ($5/month) lets you stream ESPNEWS, ESPNU, ESPN Bases Loaded, ESPN Goal Line, and SEC Network.
Guide to stream Sling TV on Roku.
2. Hulu + Live TV
Hulu is officially available on the Roku Channel Store. The Hulu + Live TV package offers 65+ channels in two different subscription packages: Basic Hulu + Live TV ($54.99/month) and Ad-free Premium Hulu + Live TV ($60.99/month). It offers ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN Bases Loaded, ESPN Goal Line, SEC Network, ESPNEWS, ESPNU, etc.
3. YouTube TV
Get YouTube TV and get more than 85 Live TV channels, including ESPN at $64.99/month. You can stream channels like ESPN, ESPN 2, SEC Network, ESPNEWS, ESPNU, etc. YouTube TV also has unlimited cloud storage for DVR.
Guide to stream YouTube TV on Roku
4. AT&T TV NOW
AT&T TV NOW offers more than 100+ Live TV channels. It offers 8 different packages starting from $55 for 45+ channels to $183 for 140+ channels. All the packages contain ESPN channels to stream the sporting events.
These are the reliable services to watch ESPN on Roku and other streaming devices. You can also use other services like Vidgo, fuboTV, CBS All Access, and a few more. Let us know your opinion on the comment section. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for instant updates.