Dark mode has soon acquired lots of popularity. It is almost made available on all the devices with the latest operating system. Google is adding night mode support on all its apps and it includes Google Photos. With the dark mode support, you can view the photos that you have backed up in a darker background. Whether you want to save your eyes from the blue light or save device battery, it is a good choice to enable dark mode. While Dark Mode is available on Android 9.0 Pie or higher, you can use it if you have Google Photos version 4.17 and above. Other require updating the device as well as the Google Photos app to use the dark mode.
How to Turn on Google Photos Dark Mode in Pixel Devices?
If you own the Pixel phone, then you can enable night mode for Google Photos app. Here is the procedure.
(1) Activate Pixel phone and click to open Settings app.
(2) Select Display option on the next screen.
(3) Scroll down to till you find Device theme option and tap on it.
(4) On the Device theme pop-up, select Dark option.
(5) Now, open Google Photos app on your device and you will experience it in dark theme.
How to Turn on Google Photos Dark Mode in Android?
Those non-Pixel users can still enable the dark theme for Google Photos with the help of the steps given below.
(1) Open Settings and scroll down to click on About Phone option.
(2) Tap on Build Number seven time to enable Developer Mode.
Note: You will find a message as You are now a developer if it is enabled.
(3) Now, go to Settings and select System option.
(4) Look for Night Mode option and make a tap on it.
(5) Press Always On to enable dark mode on Android device.
(6) Open Google Photos from apps column and you will find night mode enabled in it.
Note: Some Android devices have in-built dark mode feature. By turning on dark mode on Android, your Google Photos will turn on dark mode automatically.
How to enable Dark Mode on Google Photos on iPhone?
Like non-pixel Android devices, there is no option to turn on night mode on Google Photos. But by turning on dark mode on the iPhone, your photos app will automatically show photos in dark mode.